Potentially the longest thread in history...

Today I'm still wading through piles of **** over our Singapore office. I've now (finally) got an official response from our ISP going into reasonable technical depth as to what's going on, so I finally have some proper ammunition to shut our GM up already :p

She was seriously trying to blame the whole thing on the IT dept, like yes it's our fault the ****ing sea cable is damaged and the internet link between two entire countries is slow. Stuff like this is why I'll be looking for a new job ASAP when I get back from Europe next year -_- so detached from reality that it's not even funny anymore.

In other news, Solar City investment is doing ok so far :D already at $138USD profit after only 5 days. One more week till the tesla acquisition is confirmed (or not) tho, and that'll be the real make or break. Hnnnnnng!

When I say media I mean mainstream. A man like Trump has had cameras on him since the 80s of all sorts, and most of that information has gotten around before it started getting skewed from the presidential qualms. For instance, nobody called him a racist until he started running for president running his mouth about China and a big wall.

Nobody called him a racist until he started making racist remarks on a global stage? :p
I might add that he did so knowingly, with many advisors who would absolutely have understood how those statements would come off, yet they were said anyway. Or to state it more plainly, he says openly racist things because he thinks it will help his presidential run. Pretty obvious what the implications are there as far as the voter base goes lol

But nah I get what you mean, when you're shoved into the spotlight your opponents will dig for any dirt they can find and twist whatever they can. Same goes for pretty much every major politician in every election in every democratic country :/

Now don't take this as an I support Trum stance, because I don't. I think they'll equally run the country into the ground in different ways. As a sit back and watch kinda guy I just take it all with a "are you people really that ****ing stupid" stance when it comes to what people will share, believe, and spew as fact.

Agreed there, both sides are pigs in muck as far as I'm concerned :grin: Hillary's fake *** smiles and reactions *shudders* Corruption off the charts, all of it stinks of being a huge act. She's like a caricature of your stereotypical corrupt politician. I'd love to have seen Bernie win out over her :( he was actually a decent looking candidate from what I could see.

Urgh, as a side note what *really* grinds my geras is all the crap on FB I see from voters who could care less about policies, names, or literally anything other than "are they blue or red, cause I'm X color and I'll never vote for any other color". Stated with obvious pride. *slow clap*

Had some steak for dinner for my birthday, and my wife got me a basket of various chocolate treats as well as Titanfall 2.

Today I'm still wading through piles of **** over our Singapore office. I've now (finally) got an official response from our ISP going into reasonable technical depth as to what's going on, so I finally have some proper ammunition to shut our GM up already :p

She was seriously trying to blame the whole thing on the IT dept, like yes it's our fault the ****ing sea cable is damaged and the internet link between two entire countries is slow. Stuff like this is why I'll be looking for a new job ASAP when I get back from Europe next year -_- so detached from reality that it's not even funny anymore.

In other news, Solar City investment is doing ok so far :D already at $138USD profit after only 5 days. One more week till the tesla acquisition is confirmed (or not) tho, and that'll be the real make or break. Hnnnnnng!

Nobody called him a racist until he started making racist remarks on a global stage? :p
I might add that he did so knowingly, with many advisors who would absolutely have understood how those statements would come off, yet they were said anyway. Or to state it more plainly, he says openly racist things because he thinks it will help his presidential run. Pretty obvious what the implications are there as far as the voter base goes lol

But nah I get what you mean, when you're shoved into the spotlight your opponents will dig for any dirt they can find and twist whatever they can. Same goes for pretty much every major politician in every election in every democratic country :/

Agreed there, both sides are pigs in muck as far as I'm concerned :grin: Hillary's fake *** smiles and reactions *shudders* Corruption off the charts, all of it stinks of being a huge act. She's like a caricature of your stereotypical corrupt politician. I'd love to have seen Bernie win out over her :( he was actually a decent looking candidate from what I could see.

Urgh, as a side note what *really* grinds my geras is all the crap on FB I see from voters who could care less about policies, names, or literally anything other than "are they blue or red, cause I'm X color and I'll never vote for any other color". Stated with obvious pride. *slow clap*
The only real racist things I heard (granted I haven't paid much attention to any of it for my own sanity) is over Mexicans. A lot of what he's been saying he said in the 80s too and there's video proof of it. Yet it's only recently he was called a racist and that's because of the state of affairs. If my black roomie and I call each other a nigga I'm racist and he's just black. That in itself is racist.
On the subject of illegals though, he's still absolutely right. People hate the man because he's said a lot of what people don't want to say. South Park's last season hit the nail on the head with how politically correct this world is and it's sad as ****.

As to the people on FB, no they're just spewing BS they've read (or saw on TV) that normally doesn't have a lick of fact. I literally saw somebody on my timeline sourcing The Onion as their political fact site and couldn't figure out why everybody was laughing at them. That's why I like to hop into PC arguments, because mainstream media doesn't skew real facts there :p

The only real racist things I heard (granted I haven't paid much attention to any of it for my own sanity) is over Mexicans. A lot of what he's been saying he said in the 80s too and there's video proof of it. Yet it's only recently he was called a racist and that's because of the state of affairs. If my black roomie and I call each other a nigga I'm racist and he's just black. That in itself is racist.

Man that annoys me :p it's people taking words out of context or applying their own meaning. e.g. "you said X word, therefore you meant it literally".

Like if I call one of my mates a gay *** b***h I'm not actually attacking his sexuality :p I'm just taking the piss like any normal person. If I call someone nigga I'm not trying to demean them based on their skin color, it's just slang for "pal" or "bro".

BUT. Equating that with the **** Trump says about entire nations of people? I don't think that's at all the same.
To reference the most recent sound byte I remember, he's going to block all immigration from Iran/Iraq. Because (not quoted verbatim) "everyone from there is a radical ISIS supporting terrorist". That is actual, literal racism. I may as well say everyone in the US is a hillbilly redneck with a ~40 IQ. Cause I've seen some people like that on TV, therefore all of you are obviously like that. Talk about exposure only through mainstream media lol

Busy downloading Ubuntu Server LTS. Gonna learn this bad boi for something to do and hopefully I'll not die in the process because lets face it I'm not the best with the CLI and I know squat about servers.

With Trump leading so far, I think it would have been a good time to buy put options a few weeks ago.
Now, I think Implied Volatility is too high, which makes IV crush very likely.

UK votes for brexit, US votes for trump, jesus christ what's gonna happen next :p hope Elon hurries up with his Mars missions already :lol:

Back
Top Bottom