Potentially the longest thread in history...

Yeup, I don't live alone thank friggen god. The thing is, that's about what people pay for rent here, so in the long-run, it's cheaper to build your own home and pay it off.

People talk mad **** about me living in a rent house but overall I'm quite enjoying it. I used to think of it as throwing money away on a place I'll never own, but on the flip side I now think of it as saving on a **** ton of extra costs I don't need to pay yearly. For instance, when we first moved in the landlord had to throw away a lot of money (couple of grand off the bat) on repairs they missed that I caught, fixing the water heater, the garage door, motion sensing light fixture on the garage, door sealant, the fence, and a few other misc things. His property taxes went up but has to eat the charge because he can't inflate the rent due to the average pricing in this burb. We had a few hail storms last year and this year has to replace the roof which is covered under insurance BUT it's raising his rates which again can't be covered through raising our rent. All money I'd eat out of pocket if I wasn't renting. Yesterday I came home to a letter from the landlord over the house next door. Turns out, lightning struck the tree in our backyard outside of the PC room and the dead parts are falling on the roof. I chatted with the lady a bit and turns out my landlord is being charged for cleanup AND the repair of that house's roof. Ouch. If this was my house I'd be in ****ed city. Since I have my "brother" as a roomie, rent halved is cheaper than a 1 bedroom apartment in a nicer area (not ghetto basically). Win/win if you ask me, plus due to the age of the house and our maturity level our landlord doesn't really care what we do to the house as long as it's not seriously damaged. On the flip side, my best friend is buying a new house in a new area and even though the walls are barely up he's ran into a ton of problems already.

In other news, I hate my new machine, seriously. I wish I would never have wasted the money in upgrading.

@Corrosive, what is it that you do for a living? Seems like if you know vCenter you should definitely make more than minimum wage :tongue:

@Corrosive, what is it that you do for a living? Seems like if you know vCenter you should definitely make more than minimum wage :tongue:

I litterally flip burgers, all day, every day. :) I am just in one those spots where I don't wanna deal with stupid peoples bull****, and don't really have a way to get my foot in the door anywhere nearby.

$850? savings? LOL

Last time I had saved money was... Never! Day by day.

Detailed my car last week, took about 12 hours as it was a mess and had never been done before. Well, I did another wash & semi-detail this week too ! the more often you wash your car, the easier it is :p

I didn't clay it this week, nor did I do a full car polish and interior clean. I just snow foamed, two bucket washed, did some further corrective polishing in several places that were still a bit swirly. Then I re-applied another coat of Menzerna sealant, and tyre shine. Also made the effort to remove 95% of polishing marks that were left over from last time on exterior trim etc.

So shiny ! :D

qzereP1O88wBQBINz1YTXota22aSf2yjiWf4sfJclmkTk25ufLFKobvmqaBrHgM3LpHB0yzEvx6r4ZSoAvCUVxIjzI0j_32fqVIIiOvgAtZ0MBLqEbsAA4kkWpIjk-x6j9NwJmS1KqYy9cuhi63il_QCcLVUjibA3XYmuG7OuGPFmf9oXaH0dhDoqIBuQXLBtag5FxvFLcb7hbSzCoY6gsXyOZdHpuZgDf4gL3ASuEr4ZD6MRIMH5elf3OQa-SzBqBrGxKuqBOzspwmnTOMeRwTtTWZkHPenHR5AmMNOQ-gzYcCi1xJ7fQJHZ-bCBfy9VLtj5KK52nKSESOicuZGUIz-ObwYaipuq38qQzRqklPqDcrnjDpditOF2w1mlDlpUUietylkOfN6ywTPUlS935apQcpJf1VDUUm7KBuQKXDrP7Tw06H-knGQqRzsrOrlPRlUFKzKGyiZW9hRK2wb4BK-M26NPB2irMEmbVNqFgGorDnvFSd78x4RDyPYe0mnDO_8riD-RARv0OLSoupHOLXUDNc6LcQq0mR2B94Gl9m0oF6rH9CfgSOqw0lpedx8eq-nyYaBadfwyqxitG3riTHPwfq0BrQ=w615-h346-no

Today I spent the day re-doing my proxmox cluster at home. Im thoroughly happy with the results. Upgraded everything to 4.2 :tongue:

ldUALFm.png

AC is kill again.

This time maintenance let us use a portable AC they had available, so hopefully that helps (put it in the main bedroom, so at least we'll be cool sleeping).

Poor PP... I havee gotten to wheere all my hotteest equipmeent is keept in the closet, with duct work to suck cool air from my room, and exhaust it into the main living areaa. Keeeeeps my serveers nnice and cool AND OMFGDSFG HADFGDLFIJKHNGDFG IMA ****ING KILL RAZER!#@!#@$!#@$!@QWRQA

Back
Top Bottom