Potentially the longest thread in history...

Weeeell I don't usually, this month was an outlier as I get paid fortnightly and 3 pays happened to fall in this month instead of the usual 2. I don't mind linking my budgeting sheet if it's of interest to anyone

Also playing around with a demo account on CMC Markets (online trading), lets you play around without using real money. Kman you'll be happy to know I've invested $2600 in GBP/USD :p already made a whopping $1.83 virtual profit.

I make a bit more than that... Not much is going into savings right now because I'm paying for school (tuition, books etc) totally out of pocket. :tongue:

I am lucky to make $1000 a month... :(

Do you work full time ? that sounds below minimum wage ?

I could be one of them really annoying people and say something like; Well you should consider yourself very fortunate, there are people dieing in Africa because they can't even afford rice !

But I won't do that seriously, because I hate that flow of logic. It really irritates me. :p One should compare their quality of life to their peers, or those in a similar demographic / area. Bill Gates and Warren Buffett probably live highly deprived, awful lives in comparison to an alien a million lightyears away who has figured out the answer to everything.

Last edited:
Oh man, huge amount of office moves today. But it turns out this 10/10 girl from accounts is working about 5 meters away from me. She's one of them annoyingly perfect type of people. Perfect face, body, hair, voice, intelligent, dress sense. Can not fault. Can not keep eyes off her :omg:

I mean she is way, way out of my league, but it's still nice to be able to talk to her through the day and have a bit of a laugh :p

I am lucky to make $1000 a month... :(

*Minimum* wage in Australia is $17.70/hr, or ~$2950/mo before tax (~$2600/mo after tax), assuming a normal 38 hour work week. Includes free healthcare and a 9.5% contribution towards your retirement fund (in addition to your pay)

If you work in a fast food joint as a Level 1 server, you'll get $19/hr, or $24/hr for casual work.
Then there's also bonus rates for doing shifts from 9pm to midnight etc, I think pay goes up to like $26/hr or more.

Sounds like you should hurry up and move over here :p

Oh man, huge amount of office moves today. But it turns out this 10/10 girl from accounts is working about 5 meters away from me. She's one of them annoyingly perfect type of people. Perfect face, body, hair, voice, intelligent, dress sense. Can not fault. Can not keep eyes off her :omg:

Take a sneaky pic for me? :grin: but seriously, I wanna know what the British equivalent of a 10/10 is.

*Minimum* wage in Australia is $17.70/hr, or ~$2950/mo before tax (~$2600/mo after tax), assuming a normal 38 hour work week. Includes free healthcare and a 9.5% contribution towards your retirement fund (in addition to your pay)

If you work in a fast food joint as a Level 1 server, you'll get $19/hr, or $24/hr for casual work.
Then there's also bonus rates for doing shifts from 9pm to midnight etc, I think pay goes up to like $26/hr or more.

Sounds like you should hurry up and move over here :p

Take a sneaky pic for me? :grin: but seriously, I wanna know what the British equivalent of a 10/10 is.

Lol, to be honest she wouldn't score 10/10 for most guys. Most guys like busty leggy blondes. She's short, petite and not particularly busty. But that's exactly my taste :p

Back
Top Bottom