Potentially the longest thread in history...

What sucks about salary is that you usually get paid the same no matter how many hours you work.

You can spin that the other way though.

What's great about salary is that you usually get paid the same no matter how many hours you work.

Having 5 weeks vacation, 10 personal days and 2 weeks off during the holidays would mean a lot of missed pay for me.

PP...... I understand.

That is is how it started out for me as well - I had to work all those hours to get my office up and running to support myself and my family. However, I am saying you should be working toward some goals ( a written down set of goals), and part of those goals is to NOT work so much. I just never thought about it that way. I did not have anybody even suggest it to me. So, year after year I worked and worked and just got used to it - instead of trying to make choices that would have possibly reduced my hours at the office. Who knows- maybe those hours of stress had something to do with my health issues now - or not. But, I think I would not look back and feel I missed out on opportunities to share "life" with my kids and wife if I had not worked so much.

hind sight is 20/20

You can spin that the other way though.

Having 5 weeks vacation, 10 personal days and 2 weeks off during the holidays would mean a lot of missed pay for me.

That's why I'm glad I have a gov job ;).

I can build up to 6 weeks vacation (doesn't 'reset' at the beginning of the year), 5 personal days, and then every federal / state holiday (all paid - we usually also get Christmas eve, black friday, and half of easter friday off).

PP...... I understand.

That is is how it started out for me as well - I had to work all those hours to get my office up and running to support myself and my family. However, I am saying you should be working toward some goals ( a written down set of goals), and part of those goals is to NOT work so much. I just never thought about it that way. I did not have anybody even suggest it to me. So, year after year I worked and worked and just got used to it - instead of trying to make choices that would have possibly reduced my hours at the office. Who knows- maybe those hours of stress had something to do with my health issues now - or not. But, I think I would not look back and feel I missed out on opportunities to share "life" with my kids and wife if I had not worked so much.

hind sight is 20/20
Considering I'm a naturally lazy person and I suffer a lot of issues as it is it's in my best interest to place myself where I want to be that doesn't involve a ton of work. On the flip side I'm not a greedy person when it comes to it. My goal right now is to find a way to do what I'm doing except at night which will deal with my insomnia and I'll be golden.

My only goal I've set realistically is to do the best for my son. Well that and move to Colorado.

My goal right now is to find a way to do what I'm doing except at night which will deal with my insomnia and I'll be golden.
My only goal I've set realistically is to do the best for my son. Well that and move to Colorado.

If you're moving to Colorado then there's more than one way to deal with that insomnia :p

Today I'm jigging up a 10m 3.5mm to 6.35mm cable for the boss, having to cut and solder because he wants it 1. Right naow and 2. can't have any adapters in it. Cause apparently adapters are literally the devil.

If you're moving to Colorado then there's more than one way to deal with that insomnia :p

Today I'm jigging up a 10m 3.5mm to 6.35mm cable for the boss, having to cut and solder because he wants it 1. Right naow and 2. can't have any adapters in it. Cause apparently adapters are literally the devil.
Can't stand the smell of pot, and gov jobs still drug test there.

You don't have to smoke anything, you can get it in pill form. A mate of mine makes his own, works well :D gf likes them for that time of the month.

But sucks about the tests :/ though if it's legal, what exactly are they testing for? Checking that you're not coming to work baked I assume?

You don't have to smoke anything, you can get it in pill form. A mate of mine makes his own, works well :D gf likes them for that time of the month.

But sucks about the tests :/ though if it's legal, what exactly are they testing for? Checking that you're not coming to work baked I assume?
Just because recreational use is legal doesn't mean they can't legally fire you for going against company policy. Yes, I know there are other forms. More than likely I'd use the oil in vape form that doesn't create the smell. My old keyboardist was telling me about that. Not keen on pills tbh. Thing is, pot won't fix my insomnia. It's not a relax type of issue. I literally only sleep best during the day.

Just because recreational use is legal doesn't mean they can't legally fire you for going against company policy. Yes, I know there are other forms. More than likely I'd use the oil in vape form that doesn't create the smell. My old keyboardist was telling me about that. Not keen on pills tbh. Thing is, pot won't fix my insomnia. It's not a relax type of issue. I literally only sleep best during the day.

Idk about that. It pretty much acts as a sedative for me. Even mid day, take some potent indica and it's hard for me to keep my eyes open. Though it effects everyone differently.

Idk about that. It pretty much acts as a sedative for me. Even mid day, take some potent indica and it's hard for me to keep my eyes open. Though it effects everyone differently.
THC only makes me goofy, it doesn't have the lazy effects that it has on most, like my gf. Due to my natural insomnia I'd imagine. Basically all it does is give me a **** it attitude, where on the flip side alcohol makes me sleepy.

Back
Top Bottom