Potentially the longest thread in history...

For his part, Luckey called the lawsuit opportunistic. The claim is "a brazen attempt to secure for itself a stake in Oculus VR's recent multi-billion dollar acquisition by Facebook."
I would agree...why didn't they put a stop to it when he first put up the Kickstarter? Or before they were bought by Facebook?

Lawsuit Against Oculus Rift Creator Can Go Forward, Judge Rules - GameSpot

Your VR may be late getting to market. I hope they win against Palmer. Violating a NDA should have dire consequences.

True or not, rest assured the shipping Oculus Rift has practically zero ties to the initial Luckey designs. It's very far removed. The original DK1 was more along the lines of what Luckey came up with, but that bears no real resemblence to the shipping Rift in terms of tech.

The lawsuit will have no effect on the launch of Rift in a little over 30 days.

My Z3 I had similar issues. On Android camera app response even when in the app is unbearably slow. I don't know how many cute pictures I missed of my kid waiting on the app to either load or take the picture.

I too find 5+" too big which is why I went with the regular 6s. Fantastic phone.

I find my Note 5 responsive for the most part. Though it's not exactly rare for there to be an annoying lag in keyboard input and scrolling is still flat out poor compared to iOS. I dont care what anyone says, there is no way Android runs as fast and smooth as iOS. Even go back a couple of gens of iPhones and they're still more responsive.

It's fast and snappy for the most part, though. Certainly way better than my previous Android phone (Note 2).

Not sure if i'll go back to iPhone. I might I guess if there was a good enough reason, but I think i'll miss some of the features. I dont use any of the split window multitasking, but things like Facebook Messenger just overlaying whatever app im using is neat. My main issue would be going back to LCD from AMOLED.

Last edited:
How the times have changed, kman's sticking to the 'droid and I'm the one chasing Apple stuff :p

In other news, I ended up selling my Canon 60D and getting a Nikon D7100 as planned, and damn I'm loving it! Still getting used to the controls, but I have to say the quality difference is already massively apparent. Shots are looking far more...vibrant? Properly contrasted? It's good XD
Also bought a 17-50mm 2.8 lens, and damn I'm loving the wide angle. Widest lens I had before was a 24mm
Next up, waiting till around the 8th for the new moon so I can test out some star/night shots :D if the test shoot I had in my back yard is any indication, dis gon be goood.

True or not, rest assured the shipping Oculus Rift has practically zero ties to the initial Luckey designs. It's very far removed. The original DK1 was more along the lines of what Luckey came up with, but that bears no real resemblence to the shipping Rift in terms of tech.

The lawsuit will have no effect on the launch of Rift in a little over 30 days.

I find my Note 5 responsive for the most part. Though it's not exactly rare for there to be an annoying lag in keyboard input and scrolling is still flat out poor compared to iOS. I dont care what anyone says, there is no way Android runs as fast and smooth as iOS. Even go back a couple of gens of iPhones and they're still more responsive.

It's fast and snappy for the most part, though. Certainly way better than my previous Android phone (Note 2).

Not sure if i'll go back to iPhone. I might I guess if there was a good enough reason, but I think i'll miss some of the features. I dont use any of the split window multitasking, but things like Facebook Messenger just overlaying whatever app im using is neat. My main issue would be going back to LCD from AMOLED.
My deal with Android is like using brute force to make poorly coded games run good. Like getting 2 8800Ultra and still lagging Crysis. While I was in the Tmobile store there to setup my new line I played with the 6s and couldn't believe just how freakin quick it was. Everything was instant and it immediately sold me. Instead of pictures blurring when I take quick shots of my kid it gets all the action in a live photo. While actually waiting in line my Z3 froze twice and I had to reboot it with only having Facebook and Messenger open. When I first setup my 6s I installed and ran all apps without it slowing down a bit. I haven't experienced a bit of lag using this phone for 4 months now. All while having over 50% battery every single day after work and utilizing less hardware physically. This is what 100% sold me on this device, is it's simply better. I played with a Note 5 and an S6 Edge and it just wasn't the same. I also haven't had a single app crash while using the 6s either and the TouchID setup hasn't failed yet while also being extremely quick. I also got top specs in a device that's physically smaller which better suits my personal preferences.

I'm not saying I'm sold on the iOS or Apple experience because I'm not as there are some things that piss me off. Priority of speed and response over a few get arounds though. If I could get an Android device that did the same thing I'd buy it, but I don't think I'll get the same experience for a while.

How the times have changed, kman's sticking to the 'droid and I'm the one chasing Apple stuff :p

In other news, I ended up selling my Canon 60D and getting a Nikon D7100 as planned, and damn I'm loving it! Still getting used to the controls, but I have to say the quality difference is already massively apparent. Shots are looking far more...vibrant? Properly contrasted? It's good XD
Also bought a 17-50mm 2.8 lens, and damn I'm loving the wide angle. Widest lens I had before was a 24mm
Next up, waiting till around the 8th for the new moon so I can test out some star/night shots :D if the test shoot I had in my back yard is any indication, dis gon be goood.
How about me being the one defending iPhone.

Priority of speed and response over a few get arounds though. If I could get an Android device that did the same thing I'd buy it, but I don't think I'll get the same experience for a while.

Yep this. Right now I'm stuck tapping on something and wondering if anything's actually happening, whether the touch registered, whether my phone's crashed again, or whether it's just being slow. Given that "tapping things" is a pretty darn ubiquitous action in using my phone, it adds up into a very frustrating experience.

Yeah I'm resisting going back and finding some old quotes :p

Yep this. Right now I'm stuck tapping on something and wondering if anything's actually happening, whether the touch registered, whether my phone's crashed again, or whether it's just being slow. Given that "tapping things" is a pretty darn ubiquitous action in using my phone, it adds up into a very frustrating experience.

Yeah I'm resisting going back and finding some old quotes :p
My deal with Apple phone wise was always it was meh without being able to have the freedom of Android. After the 4s it was always a subpar upgrade in this or that while being held back. The 6s just blows everything out of the water. In phone use benchmarks aren't everything, even though their little CPU hangs with the best and even beats the 810 in a lot of things. It's all in the NVMe storage and how iOS handles resource usage with apps. The BIGGEST deal I have have with Android is you need to get a freakin brick sized phone just to get the best specs and even then you'll run into some form of software or performance issues. The argument for "Apple is just easier to use" is quite simply bull****. With each Android phone I have to relearn where everything is just like when I went with the iPhone. Same learning curve to me really. My stance on their computers has never changed and probably never will.

Words of wisdom: Grill doesn't suck, it's quiet enjoyable shoving your hands between two hot steel paddles to change out release paper, which could easily burn your skin off after 2 seconds. What sucks, is you have to go get ****ing pickles every time the stupid kid behind you runs out of pickles and is too sorry to get them his self.

My deal with Android is like using brute force to make poorly coded games run good. Like getting 2 8800Ultra and still lagging Crysis. While I was in the Tmobile store there to setup my new line I played with the 6s and couldn't believe just how freakin quick it was. Everything was instant and it immediately sold me. Instead of pictures blurring when I take quick shots of my kid it gets all the action in a live photo. While actually waiting in line my Z3 froze twice and I had to reboot it with only having Facebook and Messenger open. When I first setup my 6s I installed and ran all apps without it slowing down a bit. I haven't experienced a bit of lag using this phone for 4 months now. All while having over 50% battery every single day after work and utilizing less hardware physically. This is what 100% sold me on this device, is it's simply better. I played with a Note 5 and an S6 Edge and it just wasn't the same. I also haven't had a single app crash while using the 6s either and the TouchID setup hasn't failed yet while also being extremely quick. I also got top specs in a device that's physically smaller which better suits my personal preferences.

I'm not saying I'm sold on the iOS or Apple experience because I'm not as there are some things that piss me off. Priority of speed and response over a few get arounds though. If I could get an Android device that did the same thing I'd buy it, but I don't think I'll get the same experience for a while.

As for the speed thing, even the Galaxy S7 struggles against the aging 6S in quite a few benchmarks. It barely wins in some, which is pretty poor really.

6S was the first iPhone to get 2GB of RAM too, so that helps. The main thing tempting me with the iPhone 7 is if they use that dual camera tech, that's totally dope and a major selling factor for me. My main issue though is i'd want the iPhone 7 Plus as I love huge screens, but Apples bezel game is not so good. Samsung fit a bigger screen into a smaller device.

Back
Top Bottom