Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

A regular expression is just a string of text that matches against a pattern for other text. It's not a separate executable - it's run within an application (either via an interface or within the code itself).

It has it's own syntax it uses to do the pattern matching.

Regular Expression Examples

Regex Cheat Sheet

And if you want to learn how to create regex matching patterns: RegexOne - Learn Regular Expressions - Lesson 1: An Introduction, and the ABCs

I've been reading the second problem of the online course but it seems immense in regards to the ASCII language when you introduce Binary, Octal (I think) and Decimal, if your dealing with a language on this scale with regards to different patterns then international is it possible to actually lean this what seems a language.

EDIT: Is this something you would have to go to University for. and out of curiosity how is the Windows OS affected by this.

Last edited:

is it possible to actually lean this what seems a language.
Like I said, it's pretty much a language of it's own - that's used in other programming languages.

EDIT: Is this something you would have to go to University for. and out of curiosity how is the Windows OS affected by this.

No, but you have to be able to learn a programming language essentially and recognize patterns - so like all programming languages, it's essential to be a logical thinker. Plenty of people learn programming on their own without any schooling.

Not sure what you mean by "how is the Windows OS affected by this"? Not really sure what you mean by that.

Like I said, it's pretty much a language of it's own - that's used in other programming languages.

No, but you have to be able to learn a programming language essentially and recognize patterns - so like all programming languages, it's essential to be a logical thinker. Plenty of people learn programming on their own without any schooling.

Not sure what you mean by "how is the Windows OS affected by this"? Not really sure what you mean by that.

What I mean was if you have the regex, or regular expressions and this is incorporated in to other languages for example and being a logical thinker and for programming the windows OS would have to operate with in an ASCII set of Formal Languages and then you have international like Chinese or asain. So I'm thinking if its a language of its own accord then this formal language would be in like IE 11 and previous ECT: The Windows OS like 10 and 8 would be based around this with regards to the language they used to build the OS from the ground up.

Like Linux I suppose but open source is Linux and is massive with regards to the kernel they use in all most every OS as its different.

As for the other stuff...not quite sure what you're getting at.

What I'm getting at is regular expressions will be used in the Windows OS to the Point I'm assuming ASCII has been built upon. Like Binary for example. So this will go rite back to the early days of Computing and the likes of the Windows Kernal and IE 11 Windows 8 and 10 will be built up on by layered technology.

Does that make sense.

sold something on amazon, and this is the confirmation I get for signature required delivery.

Nice scanned image Post office! wish me luck if buyer files for an item not received compliant.

pic hosting

So I'm presuming Yami using regex and being a DATA annalist forensic is looking for patterns of Information

If I were still in my old department (imaging and PC analysis) this would indeed be the case, but in the cell site forensics department there isn't much call for it.

Typically it's used for extracting sets of data such as IP addresses, postcodes, credit card numbers, and phone numbers.

Oh yeah, my girlfriend finally got a job. I say finally, because she hadn't been looking for months. But yesterday she finally got her act together, wrote up and printed out a CV, went into town to look and then had a call centre job.

This all happened within an hour :-|

tl;dr Applied for 1 job, got an interview request :D

Awesome, really pleased for you, fingers crossed it goes well for you :)

It's worth building up your presence on LinkedIn, set up a decent profile and the recruiters come to you, especially if you have experience in a large reputable company.

and they've got a nice fancy interview booking system specifiying time, date, location etc - so I am already impressed on that front :p
Yeah, indicates that their IT is decently run

It's worth building up your presence on LinkedIn, set up a decent profile and the recruiters come to you, especially if you have experience in a large reputable company.
I agree. Just having my degree title on LinkedIn netted me a few potential interviews a week when I was looking. And one every couple of weeks now that I'm not :p

Edit: Just now remembered to update my PC case after moving to a new one two weeks ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom