Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today I moved over properly to my new department, where I sit about 12 feet from the IT department; very handy. Each dept consists of 7 people each (maybe 6 for IT?) so it's very conversational between the two. Apparently IT has a LAN party now and then so I'll definitely get in on that.

And since my new department, Cellsite, is populated by old men of about age 40 minimum, they had some spare 29" LG ultrawidescreen monitors that they all find too small (PPI) to use. So I now have one each for my corporate and secure machine. They look epic next to each other.

Last edited:

Today I moved over properly to my new department, where I sit about 12 feet from the IT department; very handy. Each dept consists of 7 people each (maybe 6 for IT?) so it's very conversational between the two. Apparently IT has a LAN party now and then so I'll definitely get in on that.

And since my new department, Cellsite, is populated by old men of about age 40 minimum, they had some spare 29" LG ultrawidescreen monitors that they all find too small (PPI) to use. So I now have one each for my corporate and secure machine. They look epic next to each other.

What monitors do they use if they find the 29" ultrawide unworkable ?

What monitors do they use if they find the 29" ultrawide unworkable ?

24" 1080p (since that's the rough standard for the company) but so close to the edge of the desk that you can only just fit a keyboard. I think the shorter vertical height on the 29" ones makes them juuust slightly too small.

24" 1080p (since that's the rough standard for the company) but so close to the edge of the desk that you can only just fit a keyboard. I think the shorter vertical height on the 29" ones makes them juuust slightly too small.

Ah, fair. Our standard is 19" 1440x900.. :( For now! I plan on raising that standard through the bank rolling of our now parent company :p

Ah, fair. Our standard is 19" 1440x900.. :( For now! I plan on raising that standard through the bank rolling of our now parent company :p

Neato. I think the more experienced employees can request more bespoke configurations of PCs and monitors (within reason) so some people have Titans pushing multiple 4K monitors; that's only like, 2 people in a building of 60, though.

Oh, another Today thing - overnight we all got new phones on our desks, so this morning was a cacophony of everyone testing out the new ringtones.

Neato. I think the more experienced employees can request more bespoke configurations of PCs and monitors (within reason) so some people have Titans pushing multiple 4K monitors; that's only like, 2 people in a building of 60, though.

Oh, another Today thing - overnight we all got new phones on our desks, so this morning was a cacophony of everyone testing out the new ringtones.

Cisco VoIP phones ?

Today I saw some council worker littering out of his truck. People that chuck litter of of their cars REALLY piss me off. Especially when they are council workers. So...

Attachments

• Littering.JPG
    Littering.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom