Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

today i got my cpu and 980ti set up on a custom water loop. ill post pics once i clean the mess and close everything up lol.

Today I set up a Raspberry Pi Time Machine server for my rMBP. Basically a jumble of cables since the rpi couldn't power the external drive by itself.. Had to get a powered USB hub :tongue: But eh, it works. $150 for a 2TB Time Machine.

Today I spent 3 hours making a Tikka Masala. If anyone wants to give it a go, the ingredients are as follows. I even provide them in yank language because i'm kind.

1/4 cup cabbage
1/4 of a carrot
1/4 of a bell pepper
3 large white onions
3 garlic cloves
1 inch of ginger

^ Chop that lot finely. Then shallow fry until translucent and browning in 100ml of vegetable oil. Then add 1 large tomato, chopped. Then add enough water to just about cover all the onions, tomato. Simmer for 15 minutes.

Add 1 teaspoon of each of these:
Paprika
Fenugreek powder
Coriander
Turmeric (fry it for 30 seconds in very hot butter until it darkens, preferably)
Butter (actually, more like 3 teaspoons.. maybe 4... or 5)

Blend until it's smooth. Taste it. It won't taste great, edible but not much else. Don't fret! more to do..

Now fry the following for 30 seconds on a high heat in some Ghee/Vegetable oil:
1 tablespoon cumin powder
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
2 tablespoons garam masala
A pinch of turmeric

Blend a couple more cloves of garlic and a half inch of ginger with some nice oil to make a nice oily ginger/garlic paste. Alternatively, buy garlic & ginger paste (lazy!).

Now add said garlic and ginger paste, and 2 large tablespoons of double concentrate tomato paste. Fry for a further 30 seconds.

Now add back the basic curry sauce mixture*****. There should be roughly 700 milliliters. A couple hundred either way doesn't really matter, just adjust spice levels to taste accordingly. Stir and simmer for a while to thicken it if you like. Add more water if you want it thinner. It doesn't really matter how long you simmer for now, it's basically cooked, the rest is just for flavor.

Grab a handful of fresh coriander. Chop it a little, add it to sauce. Blend it again if you don't want large pieces of coriander. Add a tablespoon of sugar if you want a little sweetness. Also add the juice of one lemon (a tablespoon or two) for a little sourness. Salt and pepper to taste. 300ml of Double Cream for..creaminess (pretty much necessary, wouldn't advise you skip this).

That should create enough curry to serve 3 decent sized portions if you add in plenty of chicken/beef and rice. It's nice. I'd recommend it.

***** WARNING. When you add the sauce back, the pan will likely be very hot as you just browned and fried some spices. THE SAUCE WILL INSTANTLY BUBBLE VIOLENTLY, YOU WILL SPLASH SAUCE ALL OVER YOUR KITCHEN. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A LID TO COVER THE PAN IMMEDIATELY! I made this mistake. I did not have a lid. There was a lot of mess. Plus, scolding hot curry sauce flying at you isn't fun.

Last edited:

My wife made this today for the holiday.

Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding Recipe : Paula Deen : Food Network

Ingredients

2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies
6 to 8 bananas, sliced
2 cups milk
1 (5-ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream

Directions

Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.

In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Attachments

• 11693963_10207212798820898_1234892795027471572_n.jpg
    11693963_10207212798820898_1234892795027471572_n.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Heh, that reminds me of when I made a huge batch of Mac and Cheese. Except I mistakenly bought Sweetened Condensed Milk instead of Evaporated milk. My mac & cheese tasted like toothpaste.

I went back and added a pic of it. The webpage I linked to has a video of Paula Deen making the banana pudding and it is really simple. Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies are butter cookies/biscuits, much like a thin shortbread.

Back
Top Bottom