Potentially the longest thread in history...

I hate the cold...

You live in Aberdeen? I've actually been there, small city right?
Went on a road trip in the summer like 10 years ago with one of my buddies family along with other friends. His grand parents live there, that was a really fun trip, went to the bad lands, some under ground cave, Mt.Rushmore.
Fun trip but yeah I HATE THE COLD however
this year has been decent so far.
I told myself if it was the same as last year, I'd be on my way to FL next year

You live in Aberdeen? I've actually been there, small city right?
Went on a road trip in the summer like 10 years ago with one of my buddies family along with other friends. His grand parents live there, that was a really fun trip, went to the bad lands, some under ground cave, Mt.Rushmore.
Fun trip but yeah I HATE THE COLD however
this year has been decent so far.
I told myself if it was the same as last year, I'd be on my way to FL next year

Nope, I don't. That's just where the weather advisory is coming out of.

But yes, pretty much all cities in SD are small lol. Our largest is Sioux Falls, which has ~160k people, and 2nd largest is Rapid City with about 70k. Aberdeen has about 26k, where I live we have around 14k. I'm from a town of 3k people lol.

Nope, I don't. That's just where the weather advisory is coming out of.

But yes, pretty much all cities in SD are small lol. Our largest is Sioux Falls, which has ~160k people, and 2nd largest is Rapid City with about 70k. Aberdeen has about 26k, where I live we have around 14k. I'm from a town of 3k people lol.

Man 3k..that's crazy small, the hs I went to had 1500 kids.
I think we went to Rapid City later or Sious Falls, they had this cool slide thing from a hill, you'd sit on something and it went all the way down and this other cool house where you'd be standing straight but everyone looked slanted.

My HS had almost as many people as that town! :tongue:

I want to move to Talkeetna Alaska. 1300 people.

Man 3k..that's crazy small, the hs I went to had 1500 kids.
My graduating class has 80 kids. Town about 10 miles away from my home town has < 300 people in it, and still has schools. Then a town about 15 miles from there only has 10 people in it :lol:. Not sure how they qualify as a town. Bunch of tiny "towns" that are like that.

I think we went to Rapid City later or Sious Falls, they had this cool slide thing from a hill, you'd sit on something and it went all the way down and this other cool house where you'd be standing straight but everyone looked slanted.

That's the Cosmos Mystery Area near Rapid City.
More info on how it works: Mystery Spots - Explained

I hate the cold...

Reading that reminds me of the time when I was in the Alps skiing. It was about -20F, which was pretty cold but I felt fairly warm in all my ski gear. So anyway, I get on the ski lift to the middle of the mountain. All is still fine. So I get on the next ski lift to the top of the mountain, a lift I had never been on before. Well about 10 minutes into this lift ride it goes over a peak right near the top of the mountain, once you go over this peak there is about a 200 meter wide gap between that mini peak and the top of the mountain(not sure if that is the correct term), and 300 meters deep if you were to fall. So it's **** high and **** scary. But to top it all off, holy mother of god the strength of the wind when you edge over the top of that peak was unbelievable. It was definitely a good 60 or 70mph wind. I have no idea what the wind chill was. All I can say was I went from warm to my face being totally numb to the touch and yet feeling on fire (freeze burn?) within about 5 seconds.

Whenever I go back there I don't go on that lift if it's colder than about 10F :p

Omg Cosmos, I remember seeing that name, that was an amazing trip.
Last year we had a -60 wind chill day, I stayed home.
Those ski lifts scare me, I'll never go again.
The last time I went snow boarding, like 8 years ago, I got off the lift a little late since i was scared of heights at the time, I fell down from quiet a height and had people staring, another time when I got off I couldn't stop and almost flew off the other side of the hill

Re: Today I have...

Today my new car gets delivered :D

The dealer supplying my car is 3 hours away so allowing for the time for the delivery driver to get to the dealer, and then drive it to my house, I was expecting to receive it about 2pm or something.

My surprise when I receive a call at 8:10am saying he'll be there in 20 minutes. Holy ****ing **** what time did this guy get up to deliver my car !? :confused:

Normally it's some old retired guy that just delivers 1 vehicle a day to stop themselves getting bored in retirement. This guy is dedicated. Now I just hope my car arrives in one piece :lol:

edit:

It arrived ! love it. Superb engine. Power at any revs and any speed.

Attachments

• IMG_1231.jpg
    IMG_1231.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1232.jpg
    IMG_1232.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1230.jpg
    IMG_1230.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back