Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today, I want to burn this whole place down to the ground.

On a somewhat related note, how many people actually use the windows 7 upgrade advisor and trust it without looking to see if there is actually driver support from a manufacturer? Especially when you have an XP machine? And how many of those people have worked in the computer industry for 30 ****ING YEARS?!

I need to get the **** out of this job, this town, this area of the country.

Instead of posting that "I don't get it" you could have been considerate enough to explain that this is for an elderly client in your first post.
Please explain as to why I can't read your mind?

My original post. In it, I reference someone who has worked in the computer industry for 30 years, then say I need out of this job. The other day, I was complaining about my boss/job and power supplies. Context clues man, look for them.

I'm also not an idiot, of course I would install linux if I could on an older machine if I had the choice, because the specs wouldn't be up to snuff for 7 to my liking.

ALSO I wasn't trying to insult you by saying "you don't get it". I was just pointing out that you didn't get the situation, which you clearly didn't because if you did, you wouldn't have suggested I install linux. Plain and simple. There was no offense to be taken at all there.

Speaking of this iOS vs Android stuff.. My brother is a new Android convert. Bought a GS5 Active and loves the thing. :tongue:

Textra is the best messaging app ever.
Textra + MightyText forever

Mightytext needs some good free themes though.. it's pretty ugly IMO

Speaking of this iOS vs Android stuff.. My brother is a new Android convert. Bought a GS5 Active and loves the thing. :tongue:

Textra is the best messaging app ever.
Textra + MightyText forever

Mightytext needs some good free themes though.. it's pretty ugly IMO

I've tried to move away from GoSMS... but I can't. Every other SMS app is missing like 1 or 2 features I want. ChompSMS was close...but it doesn't have an SMS conversation limit where it auto-deletes after X amount of texts.

Uuuugh GoSMS is so bad. So many ads. Did you pay for it?

Today I moved from insync-headless on my server to grive for Google Drive syncing. insync crashed and hardly ever backed everything up.

Google just needs to make a *nix Google Drive client already. :angry:

Uuuugh GoSMS is so bad. So many ads. Did you pay for it?

Today I moved from insync-headless on my server to grive for Google Drive syncing. insync crashed and hardly ever backed everything up.

Google just needs to make a *nix Google Drive client already. :angry:

Nope, have the free version.

I actually haven't gotten any ads recently... There was a span of about 2 weeks or so where it was crazy (everytime I exited the app I'd get a hover ad on my launcher).

That's why I use AdFree :) Which is one of the main reasons I'm not sure whether I should root my M8 when I get it.

That's why I use AdFree :) Which is one of the main reasons I'm not sure whether I should root my M8 when I get it.

I use Adblock (similar to AdFree); but the big banner ads don't get blocked - nor to the ads pushed by GoSMS that appear in the convo list.

Might as well root the M8 :p.

I have Adblock and that does a pretty good job.. it's just those special ones in GoSMS. I installed it once, saw like four ads, and immediately removed it. Textra 4lyfe :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom