Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

I didn't even need my computer for anything I did with Android besides obviously using Mightytext. The phone had a screen code so I needed to use iTunes and recovery to reset (no it wasn't stolen, I was being too lazy to ask since I swapped SIMs already). But I mean with Android, I copy over MP3s to my mSD and I can automatically use those as tones. For the iPhone I had to convert all my ringtones to ACC then the ones I wanted to use had to change the extension then sync to my phone to use. People say they prefer iPhone and Apple for "simplicity" but that isn't exactly simplicity. In my mind I'm thinking if you think you're too "dumb" to use Android then you can do this, you're obviously short handing yourself.

I don't even use my phone for internet and rarely use it for calling. I use it for texting and the camera. I decided to use the iPhone because of the camera but the other thing I do I can't because I don't have a Mac and I'm not on iOS 8 (as mentioned by iFargle).

I think the common misconception with Android is you need to be tech savvy to use it, but it's extremely easy to use and IMO with my current experience way easier to do simple tasks. Music? Simply copy pasta. Tones? More copy pasta. No extra BS with either. To do all Google based functions takes one sign in during initial setup and you can use the whole phone based on that. I had to create an Apple ID, then login with iTunes store before I could use the App store, then sign in with Facebook to share things on Facebook rather than simply using the app which Android can do. Download an app? Oh yea, need the password for that. :annoyed:
Basically to me all I see is extra unnecessary steps to do basic tasks rather than simply doing them on Android.

With the music thing, that's just what I mean about how you use it.

I don't use my phone for music, but if I did it couldn't be much easier. I buy my Music on iTunes, so I can just play any song without transferring anything from the music app on the iphone which is obviously linked to your itunes purchases.

So for me Android was harder for music. I couldn't get my iTunes purchased music on it as easy as on my iPhone, which is pretty obviously going to be the case. Just like how if you use all of Googles services, you are going to have a much easier time on Android.

It wasn't that I found it hard to use. It was just all the stuff like you have a home page, and then a button to view all your apps, and then you can hide icons and unhide icons and all this stuff... I kinda like the fact I can't do any of that on my iPhone because I really can't be bothered. Honestly, I have never moved an app on my iPhone 5S. I've had it for many months now and i've never ever moved the location of a single thing. Dunno why, that's just how I got used to using my phone. So when I started using android it drove me crazy because i'd lose track of where apps and stuff was. It wasn't anything android or the phone was doing wrong, I was just so used to iOS by that point it seemed such a hassle.

I guess i'm a bit weird really. Because I am pretty much the total opposite on my PC. I have everything organised properly in folders and sub folders, desktop shortcuts put in certain places and so on.

Last edited:
I got tired of sigs because I was changing hardware a lot. Lost my original PSD so said screw it. I might make another one when Kman loses his bet :lol:

I was pretty unlucky really. Chances are it's going to release within just a month or two of the date set in the bet. Oh well. A bets a bet and i'm going to lose it :p The main thing is that it is coming to PC.

Well I don't use Google or anything for my music. I have all my MP3s on my server, and I have a folder dedicated to copy straight to any phone I have. Since my Mustang GT came with a crappier headunit compared to my V6 Mustang I had to start using my phone for music in the car. So I just copy paste that folder to my Android phone and Google Music automatically found it. I haven't even tried putting that music on my iPhone yet because I have a feeling it's going to be a pain like the tones. Honestly, I think I'd rather purchase a new headunit that can use a flash drive again like my old one instead of dealing with the hassle. Actually I just thought of a better idea, use Android phone in the car like an MP3 player and leave it plugged in :D

I haven't done any of that stuff with my Android phone, so no hassle there. Considering there isn't an mSD slot in the iPhone no worries there either.

Overall actual use of the phones going from one to the other was fairly easy. It's just the normal things I do being more of a pain on the iPhone compared to my Android phone. Texting being one of them, because I have to actually text on the phone rather than having Mightytext windows open on my second monitor. That plus trying to get tones on here.

Plus 4S sucks compared to the 5S :p

Need me some big screen. Don't let me down Apple, come September.

I actually won't be buying a bigger iphone straight away believe it or not. Too much stuff to buy for my Sony A7. Need a Zeiss 55mm F1.8 (£850), tripod, printer..etc

Probably pick one up Nov/Dec some time.

I actually only have a regular 4. I wouldn't say it or the 4s sucks. Sure, they aren't a 5s, Note 3, or Xperia Z2 but the iPhone 4 happens to be more stable than my stock ZTE Radiant. Every time I'd get to browsing on iFunny with that damn thing it would crash. It also gets pretty laggy after a while. Pretty sad for a dual core Snapdragon based phone. The iPhone isn't as snappy but iFunny doesn't crash on me lol. I actually decided to use this phone because I wanted to have a backup as I'm about to start experimenting with CM11 based ROMs for my Radiant. The much better camera is a plus.

Oh man, just the 4 ? that thing seemed sweet when I first got it. Now I have to use them at work every so often and they feel so slow and unresponsive. But they're pretty reliable I guess. Its like 1cm thick and is made of such thick metal i'm pretty sure you could use it to repair the joint on a car axle or something.

5S apps have only crashed on me a couple of times as far as I can remember.

Last edited:

Yea I didn't want to buy into it unless I actually enjoyed it. Since I cannot text with my PC while using an iPhone I probably won't be getting anything better.

Back
Top Bottom