Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Whyd you need to hook up the iPhone to iTunes ?

You can text from a computer, as my sister does it to me from her laptop. I dunno how as I've never bothered.

Last edited:

Today, I want to burn this whole place down to the ground.

On a somewhat related note, how many people actually use the windows 7 upgrade advisor and trust it without looking to see if there is actually driver support from a manufacturer? Especially when you have an XP machine? And how many of those people have worked in the computer industry for 30 ****ING YEARS?!

I need to get the **** out of this job, this town, this area of the country.

Today, I want to burn this whole place down to the ground.

On a somewhat related note, how many people actually use the windows 7 upgrade advisor and trust it without looking to see if there is actually driver support from a manufacturer? Especially when you have an XP machine? And how many of those people have worked in the computer industry for 30 ****ING YEARS?!

I need to get the **** out of this job, this town, this area of the country.
Just throw Linux on it and your done, a lot of those old XP boxes can't handle W7 anyway. I'll admit I've been able to do a few but they almost always require more memory and a cpu upgrade to a dual core

Just throw Linux on it and your done, a lot of those old XP boxes can't handle W7 anyway. I'll admit I've been able to do a few but they almost always require more memory and a cpu upgrade to a dual core

If it was that simple I'd do it, but you don't get it. I work for a computer shop. This is for an end user. For a business. He uses Quickbooks (which I'm pretty sure doesn't work in linux outside of a database) and he's computer stupid. I give him linux and he'll have an aneurysm and die.

The computer can handle windows 7. BARELY. It has a dual core P4 and 1GB of RAM. It struggles. The Intel IGP didn't have 7 drivers specifically and doesn't support Aero (who knows what other problems it'll run into). It definitely needs more memory and I'm going to push to put some in, but that's really besides the point. He's not going to be happy with this. I'm not happy with this.

I honestly can barely believe that this thread is still alive. we are closing in on 30,000 posts here, I remember when this thread started and thought "ok, it will last a few months". I didn't give it as many months as it has lasted in years!

Back
Top Bottom