Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

I'm quite happy it's only for PS4 now, it means they can't steal Oculus's thunder. I'm happy that Sony seem to be doing it properly too. 1080P screen, wide FOV, and they seem to understand the whole latency thing and all the major aspects required for good VR. A lot of people were worried they were going to rush out a crappy VR experience, but it seems quite the opposite thank god.

Anyway, Oculus Rift DK2 announced! I've never ordered something so fast in my life. I actually ordered it before checking the price and specs. I knew it would be a similar price to DK1 so just ignored that. Actually ended up being about $470 due to shipping and pre paid tax's, but thats fine. Specs are okay, 1080P, 75hz, sub millimeter tracking, no more break out box, USB hub on the device itself... so all good improvements over Dk1 which for me makes it worth a purchase. They already basically said the consumer version will be higher res, lower latency, and better in every way over DK2 and to not bother buying Dk2 unless you're a developer. But **** that, I understand the shortcomings of the DK2 and the specs seem good enough to make it a worthwhile purchase. I'll still be first in-line to order the consumer version.

Actually it's not. I'm sitting here looking on Newegg and I hear "fire". Then I hear "C..C..CORY FIRE". I walk in there, toss the kids out of the way and grab the extinguisher. THen she's like "but it'll ruin the food" "So move it you derp". One of the burners decided that it wanted to go ablaze for whatever reason.

Today I spent all day doing bug fixes trying to get a web project out the door. Unfortunately the testers can find obscure issues much faster than I can debug and fix them so I may have actually made negative progress in terms of the number of outstanding issues.

Today I spent all day doing bug fixes trying to get a web project out the door. Unfortunately the testers can find obscure issues much faster than I can debug and fix them so I may have actually made negative progress in terms of the number of outstanding issues.

Lame.

I started on a project today that took higher priority over the one I was working on already. Converting web apps from IIS6 to IIS7, and removing JMS Java API service calls and porting them to webMethods service calls so they can still talk to the mainframe. And... the IIS6 servers are being shut off at the end of May, so I have to make sure and get this (and any others they give me) done, tested, and sent to production before then.

I started watching Frozen, 10 mins in they were on their 4th song -_-...skipskipskipskip ahhh she's STILL singing skipskipskip NO I DON'T WANT TO BUILD A ****ING SNOWMAN skipskipskipskip yey it's ended lets see how it goes now...*5 mins later*...LOVE IS AN OPEN DOOOOOOOOOR

Couldn't handle it XD
The plot is very generic. You're not missing much.

Girl meets guy, falls in love
Crisis happens, meets another guy along the way
First guy turns out to be a douche and adds to crisis, second guy clearly "the one"
Love + magic solves crisis

Today I have my 3 month review - halfway through the 6month probation period, huzzah!

You know... I've been here for over two years and haven't had a single performance review :confused:

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom