Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

So besides allergies kicking me in the butt during Quakecon I got properly sick with a fever and everything. Not exactly the best ending to a fantastic weekend but not everything was roses.

I was sick, didn't make it into BYOC, had a nasty spider bite on my foot, Mariah forgot the fixings for our sammiches in my friends fridge, and shattered my phone.

Sounds like a terrible weekend, but really those drawbacks didn't hamper it at all.
I got some video here and some photos if anybody is interested. (bottom of post)

Since I set up in the room I didn't take much because I was gaming from up there. Long story short, I got past their security (pay by the day internet) and had a VPN to see the network in Quakecon so we could game.

Quakecon 2013 - YouTube

Quakecon 2013 Photos by pp_mguire | Photobucket

I like dw, but the amount of hype over the new doctor seems a bit excessive.

Oh, I can definitely agree there. I love DW, but the whole show gets way too much hype. There are better shows deserving more attention.

Watching videos of American police on Youtube. Just wtf, some of the clips are just disturbing, just executing people with no reason. Shooting a dog that is just standing there and a bunch of other stuff. smh.

Watching videos of American police on Youtube. Just wtf, some of the clips are just disturbing, just executing people with no reason. Shooting a dog that is just standing there and a bunch of other stuff. smh.

Those are the exceptions thankfully. Cops are like everyone else, just human, and sometimes the wrong kind of person gets into that line of work. Locally we just had a 12 year veteran cop canned for inappropriate behaviors and it looks like a few more may meet the same fate soon, and I am completely in favor of prosecuting them for abusing their positions.

Those are the exceptions thankfully. Cops are like everyone else, just human, and sometimes the wrong kind of person gets into that line of work. Locally we just had a 12 year veteran cop canned for inappropriate behaviors and it looks like a few more may meet the same fate soon, and I am completely in favor of prosecuting them for abusing their positions.

Oh yeah, obviously I realise it isn't everyone and tbf I can't say much because I don't live over there but I think some don't even know what their job is/what they are allowed to do. One of the cops said 'We are exempt from the law'. DERP.

Then again I'm sure there are lots of cases in all countries of police brutality etc. I just see way more of it in America.

Last edited:

True, mate. I am confident in the law enforcement around here but would be more wary in a huge city.

Back
Top Bottom