Potentially the longest thread in history...

Not sure if you guys are joking ? It very rarely looks good and it only looks good with the right people and outfit.

I think i'd be lynched if I wore trainers to work, but then workplace rules are stricter than in the US from what I can tell and what I've heard.

Last edited:
Not sure if you guys are joking ? It very rarely looks good and it only looks good with the right people.

Like David Tennant?

I'm not saying it looks good, I'm saying I get away with it because there's no laces and they are black. Dress shoes in my size that are comfortable are rare.

Not sure if you guys are joking ? It very rarely looks good and it only looks good with the right people and outfit.

I think i'd be lynched if I wore trainers to work, but then workplace rules are stricter than in the US from what I can tell and what I've heard.
It looks good if you know how to make it look good. My Italian dress shoes are seriously uncomfortable compared to my sneakers. I've been told by many that my red and black tie with red and black pumas with a red shirt and black trousers looks amazing. To top it off I have my black watch on and a nice black sport coat.

Dress attire at the work place over here is entirely up to the work place. Most professional places are business formal or business casual. At NCR it's pretty split. If you are higher tier QA then you have to wear a tie and the whole shibang. Over on the other side you can practically wear what you want. It's how they split the pay brackets I suppose. My friend who works there makes 60k and wears a Ralph Lauren button up (not tucked in) with jeans and Nike's to work and is extremely comfortable. I plan on doing the same thing except dress attire probably from Express Men.

To be fair I don't have to wear a tie, but the supervisors and managers generally wear a tie.

I usually wear trousers, a shirt and a plain grey or blue jumper. Pretty comfy.

Most people myself included wear typical ugly work trousers like these:

3315BE38.jpg

However on some occasions I have a beige pair of chinos but they look pretty smart, I've worn them and not got any complaints from any senior staff.

Like this:

1322672989-88317200.jpg

I pretty exclusively wear khakis at work, varying shades. Business casual dress, so normally wearing a short sleeve polo as well since it's the most comfortable. Fridays and Saturdays we can wear jeans and tshirts, though no cargo pants and tshirts can't have prints, which rules out all my tshirts.

Re: Today I have...

I got called out yesterday. The basic details were all the registers at two stores (owned by the same folks) were locking/freezing up. The notes on the call said that they were getting an rttot message "Printer suspended" and that the registers never unfroze. the second note said that all the lanes needed to be reimaged.

I left my house at 12:50.

I got home this morning at about 8:45, and got in bed at 9:30 after typing up notes and sending some emails to get some follow-up.

That was only in one store. I went to the store and got a tier 2 on the line. he tried some things for about 3 hours but could not get anywhere. i then had to drive two hours to a different tier 2 who built an image. I drove back and discovered that the image would not boot. I used a basic generic image and was able to boot; second tech remoted in and built a new image from scratch. Finally got the lanes all reimaged and the tier 2 got everything else sorted. Left store at 5:10am to go to second store only to discover that the register computers were completely different and would require a new image; a store about 45 minutes away could be used but would not be open for three hours. that's when i called it a day/night and drove home (over two hours).

It's pretty formal at my office. Dress shirt, tie, dress shoes, shirt tucked in, belt. Standard dress affair. Of course we have casual Friday though, it gives everyone something to look forward to. I'm pretty lax about the attire on Friday, so long as it isn't provocative. But come on, we're adults so it's normally not an issue :p

On another note, what are you guys getting your girls/guys for Valentine's day, besides for chocolate and flowers. I can't for the life of me pick anything for my wife...

It's pretty formal at my office. Dress shirt, tie, dress shoes, shirt tucked in, belt. Standard dress affair. Of course we have casual Friday though, it gives everyone something to look forward to. I'm pretty lax about the attire on Friday, so long as it isn't provocative. But come on, we're adults so it's normally not an issue :p

On another note, what are you guys getting your girls/guys for Valentine's day, besides for chocolate and flowers. I can't for the life of me pick anything for my wife...
An SSD and going to see 2 movies.

Re: Today I have...

Nothing interesting at work apart from a new girl starting upstairs (ooh la la!), aaand I'll be cooking chicken adobo for dinner later on.
Really getting to love crockpots with a passion :p chuck everything in, come back a few hours later, you're done. Too easy!

Back
Top Bottom