Potentially the longest thread in history...

The only reason I want new consoles it to advance the state of PC gaming. And maybe Gran Turismo 6..

I'm fairly happy with the physics on GT5 but please god make them outsource the UI design to a western developer for GT6.
Me too. I'm so sick of the slowness of my 360 I'm highly considering sending it to somebody to JTAG so I can use an SSD.

To be fair, the first year or two of console games tend to be better technically than the PC counterparts so I may well end up getting a few next gen games especially any non PC exclusives.

After that, PC pulls ahead if not even sooner than that time frame, and then I only get about 1 or 2 console games a year if they look like very good console only games.

Re: Today I have...

It's not difficult to learn a new language, especially if you're surrounded by it. Might take a few months or so before they're semi-fluent enough to get around, but guaranteed it'll pick up fast from there. My sister's been in Germany for ~1.5 months, definitely has been the case for her.

I'd say the same thing as I said last time: go over a month early yourself, leave the family to start brushing up on their german and get things sorted at home, while you get things ready over there.
Germany is a nice place to live, and the distance from so many other cultural areas is great too. A 1hr $70 flight can get you into any number of other countries, I'd definitely want that for my kid. Travelling really opens your eyes in a way that not much else can.

While I don't find it difficult to learn a language, some people do struggle. A lot. I've been teaching night classes for a few months now and you'd be surprised the amount of people who just can't pick up on German. I've lived there before for short times and I've always wanted to make it my permanent residence. So, if I like the job (which pays more! Not in Euros, in USD!) I'll most likely make the move. Another positive thing is that I won't have to use English on a daily basis anymore! :cool:

While I don't find it difficult to learn a language, some people do struggle. A lot. I've been teaching night classes for a few months now and you'd be surprised the amount of people who just can't pick up on German. I've lived there before for short times and I've always wanted to make it my permanent residence. So, if I like the job (which pays more! Not in Euros, in USD!) I'll most likely make the move. Another positive thing is that I won't have to use English on a daily basis anymore! :cool:
I have a very hard time picking up on new languages. Well, that was my experience in school but I didn't exactly try.

I can agree with that. I can not learn a second language. I tried to learn french for 4 years with little success. I also tried many different software programs.. nope.

Unfortunately it is just one of those things hard wired into our brains. Some brains will happily pick up several languages at any age. Some can barely handle one language, like mine.

I don't find it has much to do with intelligence either. I was in top class for everything except language, where I was bottom, along with a friend of mine who was a very smart straight A grade student.

And about the german thing, make sure you calculate the wage based on a PPP algorithm or what you think is more is going to turn out as less when you see how much more expensive europe generally is than the US.

it costs $99 but it would be well worth it for you IMO http://www.xpatulator.com/Salary-Purchasing-Power-Parity

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if one of the PS4 and Xbox 720 launch titles didn't beat the top PC game in some small way, I really would. I say this because a lot of the new engines being developed are clearly being made for next gen games and the first we'll see of them is launch titles. Engines like Unreal Engine 4, Avalanche 3.0 Engine (Think Just Cause 3), and Square Enix's new engine.

Thats my guess anyway.

I can confirm that BF3 looks better on PS3. Me and my bro researched this when it came out.

Whatever you are smoking I want some if you think BF3 on PS3 looks better than PC.

I am just hoping either I am misunderstanding you or you made a typo.

I can confirm that BF3 looks better on PS3. Me and my bro researched this when it came out.

I'd be surprised if one of the PS4 and Xbox 720 launch titles didn't beat the top PC game in some small way, I really would. I say this because a lot of the new engines being developed are clearly being made for next gen games and the first we'll see of them is launch titles. Engines like Unreal Engine 4, Avalanche 3.0 Engine (Think Just Cause 3), and Square Enix's new engine.

Thats my guess anyway.

Whatever you are smoking I want some if you think BF3 on PS3 looks better than PC.

I am just hoping either I am misunderstanding you or you made a typo.
+1 I hope we are misunderstanding you. There is no way BF3 looks better on PC than PS3. I've played on all platforms, and the PC just blows the consoles out of the water.

Back
Top Bottom