Potentially the longest thread in history...

The only advantage new cars or certified pre-owned cars have over used is a dealer warranty.

This. Also, I get free scheduled oil changes for 3 years or some amount of miles, I don't remember though. Not that I can't change my own, but hey, it's free so I'll take it. The other advantage of a new car, IMHO, is you can get what you want and aren't limited by what deals you find on CL or at the used car lot.

Re: Today I have...

Today I helped a friend change her spark plugs and cables. Finally got my call for an interview too. I was wondering how many times HR would call me to confirm the same information before they called me to setup an interview.

Realized they finally published my Patriot kit a few months late. They decided to go through and replace all "I" with "we" making a few sentences sound retarded as hell.

Today I helped a friend change her spark plugs and cables. Finally got my call for an interview too. I was wondering how many times HR would call me to confirm the same information before they called me to setup an interview.

Interview for what/where ?

it's a miracle HR even contacted you to be honest. At our work we called them hopeless ****ing retards.

This is a global hardware and software company so I would hope they are a bit more professional than that. I found out on Monday their WAN went down and they had a ton of trouble with all their departments. Also found out that there was another person by the same name as me (which is odd if you know my last name) so for a while they were calling the wrong person. My friend had to go give them my cell number because they had the wrong profile up.

NCR Corp is who I'm going to work for. My interview is tomorrow, going to be 2 hours long, and will consist of 4 managers drilling me =/

It's why I've been ranting about SQL because I finally had to sit down and start learning it. My position will be SR Technician 2 for mobile paying. Little birdy told me I'm also cross interviewing for a hardware position as well.

Strange Spinning Ball moments? o.0?

Macs get spinning multicoloured "beachballs" when they lock up instead of an hourglass. Like this. One mac has been locking up randomly, so yeah strange spinning ball moments

Today I'm feeling rather :S but at work anyway. I have a fork on my desk.

edit for proof:
oCnXYzg.jpg

Last edited:

This is a global hardware and software company so I would hope they are a bit more professional than that. I found out on Monday their WAN went down and they had a ton of trouble with all their departments. Also found out that there was another person by the same name as me (which is odd if you know my last name) so for a while they were calling the wrong person. My friend had to go give them my cell number because they had the wrong profile up.

NCR Corp is who I'm going to work for. My interview is tomorrow, going to be 2 hours long, and will consist of 4 managers drilling me =/

It's why I've been ranting about SQL because I finally had to sit down and start learning it. My position will be SR Technician 2 for mobile paying. Little birdy told me I'm also cross interviewing for a hardware position as well.

Haha, no. It's just the type of people they are - I work for a large global company and so does my dad, but we both have the exact same opinion. HR people are chatty people that are good at speaking to people, they are usually nice kind people. But what that means is they love to have a chat, sit in there office and talk all day.

Our HR department is just shocking. They take an age to respond to email, they get other people to try and do their work, and when ever you walk in they are talking. They always ring up with IT issues and then when you try yourself it works EVERY TIME. They don't even try self diagnosis. Not an ounce of logic, intuition... just the second they get even a tiny problem they pick up the phone and call IT and waste our time.

I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule but generally they are not technically minded people with a particularly large skill set they are just good at verbal communication and not a lot else.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom