Potentially the longest thread in history...

Is no one gonna address this at all? Lol. So far my brilliant solution is to keep an HDMI cable plugged in to the video card, and when I want to use the TV, I unplug one of my monitors and plug in the TV. Anyone have a better solution than that?

12-270-376-Z01

Newegg.com - BYTECC HMSP102 1 x 2 HDMI® Splitter

One HDMI in, two HDMI out.

OK, some good news for a change. I will be ordering the new phones tomorrow or Monday as I just need to find out a little info beforehand.

:AwwwYea:

My first severance check rolled in and was about $200 more than my regular pay had been (due to me axing my payroll tax deductions before the end, plus no insurance being taken out). Because of this and the fact that I will be receiving another one of these and a half of one we will go ahead and get the phones.

Along that train of thought it seems that both of our moms have decided to jump in this with us. So I will be ordering me a Samsung Galaxy II, my wife a Samsung Galaxy Blaze 4G, my mom a T-Mobile Prism, and my mother-in-law a Samsung T259 (phone only flip phone).

250x270_1.png
250x270_1.png
250x270_1.png
250x270_1.png

Hmm. This is a good idea, but none of my monitors are using HDMI right now, my 22's are using DVI and my 27 is using a DVI to active DP. But if there's a similar box I could get, I'll look into it, thanks for the idea.

EDIT: I think if I can find a female DVI to female HDMI, plus get that box, I may be able to pull that off...

EDITEDIT: Wait, I'm stupid. DVI female to HDMI male would be perfectly fine if I get an additional HDMI cable from the box to the card...but...crap, would that work with my 3 monitor setup? :| For some reason I thought HDMI and DP didn't play nice or something. Crap. Research time.

Also VERNON!

Hmm. This is a good idea, but none of my monitors are using HDMI right now, my 22's are using DVI and my 27 is using a DVI to active DP. But if there's a similar box I could get, I'll look into it, thanks for the idea.

EDIT: I think if I can find a female DVI to female HDMI, plus get that box, I may be able to pull that off...

EDITEDIT: Wait, I'm stupid. DVI female to HDMI male would be perfectly fine if I get an additional HDMI cable from the box to the card...but...crap, would that work with my 3 monitor setup? :| For some reason I thought HDMI and DP didn't play nice or something. Crap. Research time.

Also VERNON!

You just need some kind of signal splitter for the one output. I went with HDMI since you mentioned it. I saw a Startech cable on NewEgg that was HDMI to DVI and HDMI. that may be the ticket.

You just need some kind of signal splitter for the one output. I went with HDMI since you mentioned it. I saw a Startech cable on NewEgg that was HDMI to DVI and HDMI. that may be the ticket.

I just checked out the cable you were talking about, looked like it would work but the reviews really put me off on it...but we're on the right track! I'll keep digging.

Back
Top Bottom