Potentially the longest thread in history...

15%.. not bad. But not worth the upgrade if you are already on SB in my opinion. Though I guess if your system is going wrong then fair enough.

I doubt it will even be close to 15% if you incorporate max OC headroom for each chip.

I want to get the Z77 Gene myself. I like that dual mini pcie slot contraption they have. Mean I can drop cables cheaper than getting a Revodrive.

15%.. not bad. But not worth the upgrade if you are already on SB in my opinion. Though I guess if your system is going wrong then fair enough.

I wouldn't upgrade if my SB was still working. But since it needs so many repairs, I figure why not just upgrade to the new architecture?

I doubt it will even be close to 15% if you incorporate max OC headroom for each chip.

I want to get the Z77 Gene myself. I like that dual mini pcie slot contraption they have. Mean I can drop cables cheaper than getting a Revodrive.

This.

I'm currently putting together my upgrade plan... what I'm thinking of doing is
1) Buy a 3570K
2) Buy a bottom-end sandy bridge board plus 4GB RAM
3) Put the 3570K in my ASUS P67 Deluxe (and rest of my current machine)
4) Put my 2500K in the bottom-end SB board with the 4GB RAM, and combine that with the spare PSU/case/etc. I have.

That way I'll have two fairly decent machines, one for gaming and Windows stuff, and the other mostly for BackTrack and the many other uses I have for a spare system.

MFW everybody who has Sandy wants to get Ivy.

tumblr_m1nk5kCCPM1qjsvl9o2_500.jpg

I don't think most P67 boards will support Ivy. Your P8P67 Deluxe doesn't have the CPU's in their list yet.

Back
Top Bottom