Potentially the longest thread in history...

Going from 4 to 5 you wont see the difference at all. When I finally got an AMD quad I got some 1066 5-5-5-15 Pi's and added them to my Blacks and ran the lot at 5-5-5-15 800. As long as the RAM matches voltage and the CAS is set to the slower batch then it should be no problem at all. I used to do the same thing for DDR 400 sticks on my 939 rigs.

I actually never had any problems with SD-RAM besides having unmarked sticks. I could never remember what was my PC100 or PC133 and it made a difference on my boards.

It was mostly a problem with HP computers, they all had PC-100 with a CAS of 2. They were the most finicky sticks ever, and super retarded expensive.

Last edited:
Re: Today I have...

Today I did nothing except play games until my friend left, then Mariah and I went and had a late birthday dinner with her grandma at Olive Garden. When I got home I was uber tired so didn't want to do anything at all. Took like a 20 minute nap then got up and decided to play Dead Island.

Oh yea, also had to redo my resume on request from my friend to make it perfect for his boss. Might score a job at Lockheed Martin soon.

Back
Top Bottom