Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

True on the major ROMs, I've used ROMs from both Cyanogenmod and AOKP so even I know of them. I know there's no iOS equivalent for a custom mod, but I also don't feel like it's needed at all with everything else you can get for it.

As for things you can do on Android without root, but needing to jailbreak for on the iPhone, I wholeheartedly agree and you won't catch me disagreeing with that fact. But since jailbreaking is so simple, it's a moot point for me, since there are things I want to do that I'd need to root for on an Android device. So a lack of some stock features by comparison wouldn't be too big a concern.

See, to you and me those instructions seem really simple, but not everybody sees it that way. Even for me my first time ROM'ing it up was a lot of trial and error even using guides and Chase helping me out with it. Granted, that could be due to the device, but that's the other issue: so many android devices, and ROMs generally have to be specifically for certain devices if I was reading XDA correctly.

Like I said, it's all a matter of preference. The IP5 is still going to be a good device even if there are other devices that are better hardware-wise or whatever-wise. There's almost always going to be something better out there.

On topic and on a related note, today I found out I'm eagerly anticipating getting on IP5 for a number of reasons, but one of the main ones being the improved 8mp camera...the untouched shots using the camera are simply fantastic. I'm glad they went with greatly improving the existing resolution instead of just slapping a couple more megapixels on there like a lot of phone manufacturers do. The panorama mode and dynamic low light mode sound fantastic.
Well like I said, anybody wanting to do it will Google. If I Google ATT GS2 ICS I will find a ton of information on how to flash. Anybody too lazy to do so or doesn't care would be fine stock anyways.

Fair enough.

I just get tired of all this hate-war from both sides when it comes to Google vs Apple. It's a phone. It's something you get to fit you personally. For me, that's meant an iPhone for the past few years. Heck, my iPhone 3GS lasted longer than any other phone I've ever had, only kicking the bucket recently...and I used to be a Motorola fanboy. I have a good experience with it and the newer ones have respectable levels of upgrades, so I'll continue with it for now.

And that's fair enough. It's almost like buying into a mini cult when you choose your phone brand lol

Personally, I could never support a company that treats its user-base like they're morons, but hey the user-base keeps on buying, so maybe that's justified :p :D :grin:

Last edited:

And that's fair enough. It's almost like buying into a mini cult when you choose your phone brand lol

Personally, I could never support a company that treats its user-base like they're morons, but hey the user-base keeps on buying, so maybe that's justified :p :D :grin:

Sadly, that's called marketing strategy. The vast majority of people are on the not-so-smart side (and the ratio is tipping in their favor more and more every day), so it's a smart business move.

But not one that I'll support ;) and not one that I want to represent me either. If other people want it, it's all theirs lol :p

TODAY I've been asked by our company CEO, in all seriousness, why we pay so much for our internet/network, and why we couldn't just pay for a home-style $100/mo connection. I could feel my brain imploding

Today I spent most of my time on trying to setup gazelle + ocelot on my vps.
but I can't get it up and running :(

only got as far as setting up apache2 and phpmyadmin, rest of the commands on the tutorial i was following kept giving me errors.

Just saw this on Twitter...

Apparently iTunes is "the world's most popular media player." Yeah, like how having the flu is the world's most popular winter activity

I didn't mind the old iTunes for my old dieing ipod, but, these newer versions are nothing but flipping resource hogs. Much easier to use third party software for backing up my ipod and adding music to it. OH, and BONUS, third party software doesn't delete my ipod if I had to re-install the OS, iTunes always wanted to erase the library and reload it. :D

Back
Top Bottom