Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Best quote I've heard from anyone in a long time, enjoy that gt630 you'll get a kick out of it. :)

What makes it the best quote you've heard in a long time? :p

The GT630m will be nice for games but Nvidia has terrible support for Optimus in Linux. The power draw can be ridiculous. Luckily that's set to improve soon thanks to pushes from various industry folks as well as Steam.

You're forgetting that I have a desktop for any serious gaming. At most I'm likely to play Minecraft, and even then it won't be that often.

Today I went to work and went to class... and then came home and ordered my last books.
then ate and played crysis :tongue:

Today I got my student overdraft unlocked. £1400 (£1700 on 1st Oct) interest-free. Will finally be getting myself a decent laptop. Not bad for just over £800 (I'll get getting 2x8GB for it separately since it's half the price of getting it with the laptop).
cbb630d8a46e32c39603004c001e818e.png

Will also be picking up a bunch of textbooks and a few little things I've been after, like an n-enabled alfa wireless adaptor.

Unfortunately, it's not. They can say no. The Americans have done one better and made it compulsory at a federal level for information not related to national security.

One question though, how does one go about submitting a FOI to... anywhere?

Are you sure ? The FoA act of 2000 clearly states;

1 General right of access to information held by public authorities.

(1)Any person making a request for information to a public authority is entitled—
(a)to be informed in writing by the public authority whether it holds information of the description specified in the request, and
(b)if that is the case, to have that information communicated to him.

I used whatdotheyknow.com

Edit:

There seems to be exceptions. But they do at least have to reply in some form. I highly doubt planning applications come under those exceptions anyway. All shall be revealed when they answer me.

Last edited:

What makes it the best quote you've heard in a long time? :p

The GT630m will be nice for games but Nvidia has terrible support for Optimus in Linux. The power draw can be ridiculous. Luckily that's set to improve soon thanks to pushes from various industry folks as well as Steam.

Because, you were a smart guy and noticed that intel HD graphics isn't always a good choice for daily gaming/school/life.
I used the HD series from intel before, all I can say is avoid it and stick by nvidia or ati if you get offered a vga choice.

Don't always assume all nvidia graphics card draw a lot of power, hell I see a differentcein my power bill when I stopped using ATI awhile back. :D
and they don't cause much noise or ruckus throughout the day.
Whatever makes you happy I guess, enjoy the lappy.

Errrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

My city is not on the pre christmas 4G rollout map. Its crap. All the cities around me such as Derby, Nottingham and Birmingham are on the rollout map. But no, not Leicester - despite being just a big as the other cities. And infact bigger than some of the other cities on the list.

My city will be live later in 2013 :cry:

Hopefully I will be lucky and fibre WILL be here before christmas. I just want fast internet :(

The only fairly good news is I work in Birmingham and Derby.

Last edited:

First world problems, no fiber optic to the home. lawl
Haven't gone to sleep, ran into issues with WSUS and teaming on my network last night, strange I am setting things up this way, but it's the only way to conserve bandwidth.

Because, you were a smart guy and noticed that intel HD graphics isn't always a good choice for daily gaming/school/life.
I used the HD series from intel before, all I can say is avoid it and stick by nvidia or ati if you get offered a vga choice.

Don't always assume all nvidia graphics card draw a lot of power, hell I see a differentcein my power bill when I stopped using ATI awhile back. :D
and they don't cause much noise or ruckus throughout the day.
Whatever makes you happy I guess, enjoy the lappy.

A Intel HD 3000/4000 is way more than enough power for school or even light gaming, I've got a HD 3000 in my laptop and I've never needed anything more powerful. As far as battery life is concerned the Intel igp's are unbeatable, my x220 is rated for 14 hours of battery life on the 9 cell and 24 hours with the optional slice battery and that with a 35w Core i5 not a ULV or Atom cpu.

Yami, what model is that laptop?

Back
Top Bottom