Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

The bezel on the Lumia looks huge to me, like they were trying to fit a Galaxy S3 sized screen into a Galaxy Note sized body.

It looks like At&t will b getting a Exynos powered Note 2 which will be my next phone if it is true.

Perhaps, but it does atleast have some unique design ideas and it looks pretty stylish to me. I think the Samsung phones look pretty generic.

Perhaps, but it does atleast have some unique design ideas and it looks pretty stylish to me. I think the Samsung phones look pretty generic.

I agree it looks fine but I feel like it would make the phone annoying to use.

Welcome to the club. How do you like it?

Love it! No more messing around with long hair in the mornings! Instantly dry after shower! Windy day? Doesn't matter! Suits all occasions! Plus savings on shampoo/conditioner and no need to buy any sort of gel/hairspray (if you did any of those things before lol)

The only down side is the cold :p I didn't realise how much my hair kept my head warm until it was (nearly all) gone lol. Now I feel EVERY breeze.

On topic, today I'm setting up a internal wiki page for the company which pulls employee details from different servers into a contact list (phone ext, name, email(s), department, etc). We have no standardised account server though, which is annoying and is making this needlessly more difficult.

I just spent ages trying to dig up information on what street cabinets they will be installing fiber cable to from my local exchange. BT Openreach refuse to give the public such details. So I submitted a Freedom of Information request to Blaby District Council (My local council) for all planning applications by BT Openreach. If BT won't tell me, the council will. They have to. Its the law. I love this freedom of information act :D

Today I got my student overdraft unlocked. £1400 (£1700 on 1st Oct) interest-free. Will finally be getting myself a decent laptop. Not bad for just over £800 (I'll get getting 2x8GB for it separately since it's half the price of getting it with the laptop).
cbb630d8a46e32c39603004c001e818e.png

Will also be picking up a bunch of textbooks and a few little things I've been after, like an n-enabled alfa wireless adaptor.

I just spent ages trying to dig up information on what street cabinets they will be installing fiber cable to from my local exchange. BT Openreach refuse to give the public such details. So I submitted a Freedom of Information request to Blaby District Council (My local council) for all planning applications by BT Openreach. If BT won't tell me, the council will. They have to. Its the law. I love this freedom of information act :D
Unfortunately, it's not. They can say no. The Americans have done one better and made it compulsory at a federal level for information not related to national security.

One question though, how does one go about submitting a FOI to... anywhere?

Last edited:

The last two days I have been CLEANING, still not done cleaning, also been working on network stuff for the house, playing around with mah router :3

Tomorrow I will have someone out to install something, and I will probably be busy cleaning some more, and attempting to find a decent job so I can build a hellish file server.

Today I got my student overdraft unlocked. £1400 (£1700 on 1st Oct) interest-free. Will finally be getting myself a decent laptop. Not bad for just over £800 (I'll get getting 2x8GB for it separately since it's half the price of getting it with the laptop).
cbb630d8a46e32c39603004c001e818e.png

Will also be picking up a bunch of textbooks and a few little things I've been after, like an n-enabled alfa wireless adaptor.

Unfortunately, it's not. They can say no. The Americans have done one better and made it compulsory at a federal level for information not related to national security.

One question though, how does one go about submitting a FOI to... anywhere?
If this isn't for gaming then what's the point of getting an i7 based laptop?

I never said it wasn't for gaming. You're correct, though :p
There's plenty of uses for an i7 in my career. It's quite often the case that I'll need to be running multiple VMs, and that's the cheapest quad that has all the virtualisation features. I can easily make use of that power.
The only reason I've gone for a GT630 instead of the integrated HD4000 is that for some reason the mobile quads don't have integrated, according to that site anyway (plus the integrated doesn't fully support the screen).

Plus I want it to last me til at least the end of uni.

The last two days I have been CLEANING, still not done cleaning

That reminds me, I should really start getting my room ready for before I move to uni (my room becomes my mum's study and storage room while I'm at uni).

The only reason I've gone for a GT630 instead of the integrated HD4000 is that for some reason the mobile quads don't have integrated, according to that site anyway (plus the integrated doesn't fully support the screen).
Plus I want it to last me til at least the end of uni.

Best quote I've heard from anyone in a long time, enjoy that gt630 you'll get a kick out of it. :)

Back
Top Bottom