Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Yea this is the second time this month we had to take him in. Second time he had to be cathd and get blood taken. I wasn't going to bother with the hospital but when we noticed him shaking from fever I hauled ass up there.

Not cool. I had to take my cat to the emergency clinic an hour away for his urinary problem, since the local vet made him worse and pushed him into congestive heart failure. YAY leaving a cat unattended overnight with a catheter in and NO CONE so he can just yank it out and be FLOODED WITH FLUIDS. Ugh, idiots. Almost cost us his life, but instead cost us an extra 3300 bucks on top of the 1100 from the first vet...but he's all good now.

He's like a son to me. Not the same thing, but I don't have kids, so he's the next best thing.

Not cool. I had to take my cat to the emergency clinic an hour away for his urinary problem, since the local vet made him worse and pushed him into congestive heart failure. YAY leaving a cat unattended overnight with a catheter in and NO CONE so he can just yank it out and be FLOODED WITH FLUIDS. Ugh, idiots. Almost cost us his life, but instead cost us an extra 3300 bucks on top of the 1100 from the first vet...but he's all good now.

He's like a son to me. Not the same thing, but I don't have kids, so he's the next best thing.

That sucks man, I hope he is doing better.

That sucks man, I hope he is doing better.

He's doing a whole lot better now, thanks for the sentiment. He was in a really bad way when we brought him there, they immediately put him in an oxygen box. The overflow that caused the congestive heart failure also made a bunch of fluid go into his lungs, so he was having a hard time breathing, Was really rough and jagged. Doctor basically said there was a really really REALLY good chance he wasn't going to make it. But after being there for a few days with ACTUAL professionals (I'm not bitter about the local vet or anything) he was perking up.

We literally had him on 4 different meds for a week and a half after he came home, two were pills, 2 were a plastic syringes, and three of those were twice a day. He hated us for a while, haha.

Now we have to get him another checkup to make sure his bladder is fully back to normal, it was really messed up due to the swelling/stretching. Seems the meds did the trick, but we need to make sure. Then he's going to be put on heart meds since the congestive heart failure (while triggered by the overflow of fluids, grrrr) was a very minor underlying condition he already had, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. So he'll be on meds for a while.

Other than that though, he's been great. Pretty much back to normal, though not quite as active as he was. By that I mean he's not running all over the house back and forth like a friggin' lynx, barely touching the ground, haha.

So I have the house burning up for Ezio. He went into chills again and we immediately put him in a warm bath and called the Dr. CVS earlier told us we couldn't get his meds until tomorrow. Our Dr said that is utter BS and we need to get them NOW or find another 24 hour pharmacy that will give us our meds. So, that is essentially what Mariah is doing. I'm a freaked out dad cuddling with him under heavy blankets. I'm sweating my ass off, but that's ok because he isn't shaking anymore.

So I have the house burning up for Ezio. He went into chills again and we immediately put him in a warm bath and called the Dr. CVS earlier told us we couldn't get his meds until tomorrow. Our Dr said that is utter BS and we need to get them NOW or find another 24 hour pharmacy that will give us our meds. So, that is essentially what Mariah is doing. I'm a freaked out dad cuddling with him under heavy blankets. I'm sweating my ass off, but that's ok because he isn't shaking anymore.

Man, that's crazy. Best of luck to the little guy, hopefully you can get those meds soon.

Today I had to take Ezio in to the hospital. Turns out he has a urinary tract infection, so on tuesday we have to take him in to get some scans to make sure everything else is ok. I had a bunch of plans today, but kids come first. Sorry Trotter =/

Not a problem, bro. I'm a dad, too.

Today I went and sold my Iron Cobra pedals, then came back and had dinner with my uncle and his wife. Found out that they wrote another book together and his wife bumps shoulders with those chaps from Ancient Aliens. He then gave me a giant box o crap. Things to say on here was I got a Q8200 and a couple P45 boards. The rest not so important. Looks like my server is getting an upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom