Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today it became pretty clear why Apple was suing Samsung, it looks like the iPhone 5 will have an A5 die shrink which even with increased clocks is hilariously underpowered for a late 2012 device, both the dual and quad core variants of the SGS3 would completely demolish it. It would take a 400mhz increase in clock speed over the 4s to even match the year and a half old Galaxy S2 in terms of cpu performance.

Exactly what I was saying before. They have nothing new to claim as innovation and people are catching on to their BS so they need to sue to get that extra money for the fiscal.

Maybe you can comment on this when the IP5 specs are released, not just on random speculation.
A6, A5X, A5.. **** it, even A4... still runs better than Android.

Processor is the least of my concern. Once he A4 arrived iOS reached a stage where it was really fluid and responsive, things only improved very little after that with the A5 and A5X - simply because there is not really anything to improve upon. A faster processor will do barely anything for the UI responsiveness. 3D games are a pile of fail on phones and tablets to be honest, so I don't really care about improvements with games. Web would be a bit quicker I guess.

The only device I do want a faster processor in is the next proper ipad, i'd like a quad in that so that iPhoto runs a little better and applies edits to photos quicker.

As for the next iPhone, I really do not mind even if they just keep the A5. If it is faster, cool but I honest to god don't care that much.

How is patenting a shape a legitimate patent? Nope. They are not legit. They're insane. If you can't improve upon someone else's product, there's never going to be any innovation. Even our founding fathers understood this. They would be appalled that this was even being argued about in court.

Here's a nice phone comparison pic for you. See the similarities? It's not just Samsung/Android, it's every damn smartphone.

The patent is real. It exists. It was a patent granted by the patent office. Therefor it is legitimate. Like I said a while back, whether they are stupid patents or not is another argument.

I think the US courts got this one right, Samsung did copy Apple with that design. I use both Android and iOS on a daily basis and I prefer Android 4.1 over iOS 5, however I still think that Samsung copied Apple. I don't think that the phones should be outright banned in the US but I do think that Samsung should get some sort of punishment.

Yeah the only one I'll give Apple is the very similar appearance between the Galaxy S1 and the iPhone 3GS, where not only the software looks similar (TouchWiz was obviously trying to rip off iOS at the time) but the hardware as well. Otherwise? Nope. TouchWiz, even though it's still not very good, has its own look now and the phones are sufficiently different that you'd have to be stupid or not looking to confuse them.

Well atleast some people on here arn't so blind they can not see the above similarities.

Here's a nice phone comparison pic for you. See the similarities? It's not just Samsung/Android, it's every damn smartphone.

Its the fact the software is such a blatant copy as well as the hardware. It's just a cheap nasty imitation. Atleast the S2 and S3 are clearly different phones compared to the iPhone.

Anyway I will say it again loud and clear. I think these lawsuits are stupid, the only one I can really see why apple got ****ed is the old Galaxy that I posted above. As for the rest, they are just clutching at straws. Regardless of my opinion, and everyone elses opinion on the patents, it does not change the fact that Samsung broke the law and infringed on patents. Just because you think a patent, or any law for that matter, is stupid - does not give you a right to go against it and break that law. Like speedlimits, most speed limits are stupid. People break them all the time, but if you get caught don't go and get ****ed off because you think it's a stupid law, you still broke it and its your fault.

Maybe you can comment on this when the IP5 specs are released, not just on random speculation.

Processor is the least of my concern. Once he A4 arrived iOS reached a stage where it was really fluid and responsive, things only improved very little after that with the A5 and A5X - simply because there is not really anything to improve upon. A faster processor will do barely anything for the UI responsiveness. 3D games are a pile of fail on phones and tablets to be honest, so I don't really care about improvements with games. Web would be a bit quicker I guess.

The only device I do want a faster processor in is the next proper ipad, i'd like a quad in that so that iPhoto runs a little better and applies edits to photos quicker.

As for the next iPhone, I really do not mind even if they just keep the A5. If it is faster, cool but I honest to god don't care that much.
You may not care, but others do. No point in spending 500+ dollars on a device if there is no improvement at all whether it be software or hardware. A few tweaks here and there is not improvement in my eyes. There is a very large difference between GS, GS2, and GS3 in not only software but also major difference in hardware.

Edit: After posting in the other thread I decided it's time to go back to my Lycosa. Getting tired of having to correct mistakes from the keyboard sticking.

The patent is real. It exists. It was a patent granted by the patent office. Therefor it is legitimate. Like I said a while back, whether they are stupid patents or not is another argument.

Well atleast some people on here arn't so blind they can not see the above similarities.

Its the fact the software is such a blatant copy as well as the hardware. It's just a cheap nasty imitation. Atleast the S2 and S3 are clearly different phones compared to the iPhone.

Anyway I will say it again loud and clear. I think these lawsuits are stupid, the only one I can really see why apple got ****ed is the old Galaxy that I posted above. As for the rest, they are just clutching at straws. Regardless of my opinion, and everyone elses opinion on the patents, it does not change the fact that Samsung broke the law and infringed on patents. Just because you think a patent, or any law for that matter, is stupid - does not give you a right to go against it and break that law. Like speedlimits, most speed limits are stupid. People break them all the time, but if you get caught don't go and get ****ed off because you think it's a stupid law, you still broke it and its your fault.
As I said before, my only real complaint here is the fact that my phone is getting banned even though it looks, feels, and acts nothing like any iPhone on the market. That, and the fact that the US government is really a huge pile of horse **** now. The lobbying system has got to GO.

Edit: I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier. The phone they are comparing it to is the international version that hardly anybody in the US actually uses. The Fascinate and Captivate look nothing like it. The Vibrant looks kind of like it, but the big difference is there is no button on the bottom of all 3. It's a touch interface with the home, back, search, and menu icons. So really, it's down to curves and bezel.

If all you do is flip through the app launcher and text I'm sure an old SoC is more than adequate but some of us actually want to get our moneys worth on new phones.

If Apple added more powerful hardware they could always do something shocking like actually take advatage of it to make the OS more functional but they obviously don't care about that.

At this point the iPhone 5 looks like stale hardware to go with a stale OS.

A cousin of mine came by today before I went to work. He had heard a little about the lawsuit but no details so I filled him in. He just looked at me and said, "you're kidding, right?" When I assured him I wasn't he was flabbergasted. I then pulled out my Galaxy S II and told him that it was one of the phones Apple wants to have banned. He pulls out his iPhone and lays it beside my phone and again says, "you're kidding, right?"

The funniest part was when he told me that his next phone will be a Galaxy III.

heh, i just bought the samsung galaxy 5.0.

Yes, I am jelly.

Stale OS... i'll give you that one. It really needs a properly good update.So far it just feels like iOS 1 with 5 service packs.

Back
Top Bottom