Potentially the longest thread in history...

Well thats the first i've heard of any of that.. but i'll take your word for it. Whatever the case, they also did this !

samsung_Galaxy_S-vs-iphone-3gs.jpg

I'd want to **** all over Samsung if I designed the iPhone too.

If China being Apples fastest growing market is your definition of very poor, then yeah sure. Otherwise i'm confused.

I think the US courts got this one right, Samsung did copy Apple with that design. I use both Android and iOS on a daily basis and I prefer Android 4.1 over iOS 5, however I still think that Samsung copied Apple. I don't think that the phones should be outright banned in the US but I do think that Samsung should get some sort of punishment.

I will also like to mention, that IIRC all Froyo and Gingerbread Android devices had the same looking icons and layout which is an Android thing, aka Google. They already admitted their aim is Google so they are solely suing Samsung on a whim because the device happens have the same shape (oh man), because they are patent trolls like Rambus, and because their Galaxy phone sales must be higher lol.

Well thats the first i've heard of any of that.. but i'll take your word for it. Whatever the case, they also did this !

samsung_Galaxy_S-vs-iphone-3gs.jpg

I'd want to **** all over Samsung if I designed the iPhone too.

If China being Apples fastest growing market is your definition of very poor, then yeah sure. Otherwise i'm confused.

Actually Sony came up with the concept that eventually became the iPhone, Apple even had renderings of it with a Sony logo. Sadly they didn't patent it.

Yeah the only one I'll give Apple is the very similar appearance between the Galaxy S1 and the iPhone 3GS, where not only the software looks similar (TouchWiz was obviously trying to rip off iOS at the time) but the hardware as well. Otherwise? Nope. TouchWiz, even though it's still not very good, has its own look now and the phones are sufficiently different that you'd have to be stupid or not looking to confuse them.

Re: Today I have...

Today I came home from Spain earlier than the rest of my family as I need to sort out my school application for sixth form tomorrow. Got the train back from Gatwick airport then the bus and found my school results waiting for me when I came in (they arrived on the 23rd and my Grandad dropped them round). My grades are good enough to get into sixth form so, yay! i guess. *trying not to sound big headed* wasn't really worried anyway, i knew I'd get the grades

Today it became pretty clear why Apple was suing Samsung, it looks like the iPhone 5 will have an A5 die shrink which even with increased clocks is hilariously underpowered for a late 2012 device, both the dual and quad core variants of the SGS3 would completely demolish it. It would take a 400mhz increase in clock speed over the 4s to even match the year and a half old Galaxy S2 in terms of cpu performance.

Today it became pretty clear why Apple was suing Samsung, it looks like the iPhone 5 will have an A5 die shrink which even with increased clock is hilariously underpowered for a late 2012 device, both the dual and quad core variants of the SGS3 would completely demolish it. It would take a 400mhz increase in clock speed over the 4s to even match the year and a half old Galaxy S2 in terms of cpu performance.
Exactly what I was saying before. They have nothing new to claim as innovation and people are catching on to their BS so they need to sue to get that extra money for the fiscal.

Back
Top Bottom