Potentially the longest thread in history...

I wonder if it will ever occur to you that Apple won the case because they are in the right.. :p Your just ****ed because you like android, and ignore the fact that Samsung have illegally ignored many of Apples patents and for some reason you think they should be allowed to get away with this. Whether the patents are stupid or not is another argument, the fact is they are legitimate patents and if Samsung don't want to get into trouble they shouldn't copy they. Same goes for Apple, too.

I don't really see why Apple are looking to ban Samsung products and claim even more damages though, whats the point.

Apple won the case because it was tried in their backyard and the jury foreman was a patent troll himself that got the jury to completely ignore all prior art. The Judge also did her part in preventing Samsung from adding some very key evidence to the case. The jury also ignored the proper procedure and set a fine to punish Samsung and send a message instead of compensate Apple, they even admitted to it.

Thankfully for Samsung China is a rapidly growing market and they don't give a crap about patents. Although Apple is already doing very poorly there, even Lenovo is outselling them.

Re: Today I have...

It's all but guaranteed the iPad Mini will be more expensive and have a lower res screen.

If so, I doubt it will be much more. I wouldn't be surprised to see it at the £199 price point (Nexus is £169). It'll be 1024x768, which is okay on a screen that size. There is more to a tablet than screen resolution.. as nice as the new iPads screen is you get used to it pretty quickly and it just becomes meh. Websites don't have graphics at that kind of resolution, 3D games can't run at the really high res.. so apart from Photos, text and the OS interface everything else looks crappy as usual.

If so, I doubt it will be much more. I wouldn't be surprised to see it at the £199 price point (Nexus is £169). It'll be 1024x768, which is okay on a screen that size. There is more to a tablet than screen resolution.. as nice as the new iPads screen is you get used to it pretty quickly and it just becomes meh. Websites don't have graphics at that kind of resolution, 3D games can't run at the really high res.. so apart from Photos, text and the OS interface everything else looks crappy as usual.

Apple always makes a substantial profit on their hardware while the Nexus 7 is being sold at cost so the only way it will be close to the same price is if the specs are vastly inferior.

Well thats the first i've heard of any of that.. but i'll take your word for it. Whatever the case, they also did this !

samsung_Galaxy_S-vs-iphone-3gs.jpg

I'd want to **** all over Samsung if I designed the iPhone too.

If China being Apples fastest growing market is your definition of very poor, then yeah sure. Otherwise i'm confused.

Apple always makes a substantial profit on their hardware while the Nexus 7 is being sold at cost so the only way it will be close to the same price is if the specs are vastly inferior.

Well the iPad 2 is 399, I can't imagine them making the iPad mini for just $50 less. They might I guess, but it would be a bit weird. It should be atleast $100 cheaper, which brings it to $299 - which is the price I expect. A little more money than a Nexus 7 but I think people will be prepared to pay for it. Anyone that wanted an iPad but couldn't afford one so got a Nexus 7 now has a cheaper iPad to tempt them.

Probably worth remembering that apples larger unit orders and control over much of the supply chain allows them to drive costs lower for the same spec hardware as its competitors. A $249 iPad Mini isn't totally impossible, especially if they accept a smaller profit margin and choose ****ty materials like plastic.

I wonder if it will ever occur to you that Apple won the case because they are in the right.. :p Your just ****ed because you like android, and ignore the fact that Samsung have illegally ignored many of Apples patents and for some reason you think they should be allowed to get away with this. Whether the patents are stupid or not is another argument, the fact is they are legitimate patents and if Samsung don't want to get into trouble they shouldn't copy they. Same goes for Apple, too.

I don't really see why Apple are looking to ban Samsung products and claim even more damages though, whats the point.

How is patenting a shape a legitimate patent? Nope. They are not legit. They're insane. If you can't improve upon someone else's product, there's never going to be any innovation. Even our founding fathers understood this. They would be appalled that this was even being argued about in court.

Well thats the first i've heard of any of that.. but i'll take your word for it. Whatever the case, they also did this !

samsung_Galaxy_S-vs-iphone-3gs.jpg

I'd want to **** all over Samsung if I designed the iPhone too.

If China being Apples fastest growing market is your definition of very poor, then yeah sure. Otherwise i'm confused.

Here's a nice phone comparison pic for you. See the similarities? It's not just Samsung/Android, it's every damn smartphone.

View attachment 5405

Attachments

• Pantech-Burst-Review-Comparison.jpg
    Pantech-Burst-Review-Comparison.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 15

You don't have to guess what Apple's profit margins are, I remember seeing a list posted, I even x-posted it here IIRC.
I haven't even heard of an iPad mini up until now though, I shall do some research and see if I can spot some specs. I thought Apple was against tablets below the iPad size?

Today I'm being chased by yet another guy wanting me to do free IT work for him. It's really starting to **** me off how many people there are that just have no shame. This is my job, my profession. Though I like it, I don't do it for the giggles. I do it for the money. These people obviously know that, but they still feel they can just say oh can you quickly take a look at this I'm sure it won't take long blah blah blah kthnxbai, and somehow I'm the bad guy if I say no.

THe point of them suing Samsung was to poke at Google because they know they wouldn't win against Google. I'm not ****ed because I like Android, I'm ****ed because due process wasn't in order because this country is a pile of horse **** and the fact that my phone will be banned because Apple doesn't have the means necessary to innovate anymore. So they want to sue REAL competition. They are right on up there like Rambus.
The sales figures of the particular devices they want to ban prove it. The Droid Charge looks NOTHING like an iPhone yet, it's being banned. It did sell well though, go figure.

Also, did it ever occur to you that Apple didn't win anywhere else because the rest of the world thought their case was rubbish? Of course it didn't, because you're an iTard.

-snip-

And what exactly is "that"? A rectangular phone? A speaker grill at the top? A shiny bezel? A DOCK?! A SWIPE TO UNLOCK GESTURE??!!?! ****ING THIEFS! SUE THEM FOR A BIRRION DORRAH

Back
Top Bottom