Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

what the hell is wrogn with you people?
I was raised in secret by a family of cat-people-martians who taught me the secrets of the universe, which turned out to be the ingredients of a bottle of Ketchup, and kung-fu.

Downloaded the Win8 ISO from MSDN. Gonna switch to it as my main on my desktop and laptop for a while, see how it goes.

Today I had to let go of two of the three "IT" guys in the branch. Short version: They approached me today about upgrading all employee desktops/laptops to Win8. I just sat there. This is the third damn time they've asked me. I've said no every time. I was getting quite irritated. I said "Why? Why do we need to make the switch? Enlighten me." They got cocky after that and eventually told me how I didn't deserve my job because I treat them like ****. Um, no. No, no, no, no, no, HELL NO! They got a 20% raise my second year! I was the one who gave them the raise. Wtf!? They're making 65k a year! Stop ****ing complaining! Lesson of the day: Don't go into your bosses office and tell him to suck you off. You WILL lose your job, and will NOT get a good recommendation. In fact, your boss will call every company hiring in the tri-state area and tell them not to hire your useless ass. I put my ass on the line to get every employee under me a raise, and better benefits. I don't treat my employees like ****; not at all. Don't come into my office and tell me I do. I hope they don't find work. They never did anything as it was. The one that's left that wasn't part of the crusades is a nice guy, he just isn't the brightest. Looks like I need to find some new IT guys.

Sigh. I'm with PP on this, I would love to make that kind of money doing what I'm actually good at. Getting a tech job in my company is like pulling teeth...and the people that get the new positions are stupid as ****.

About upgrading the OS, we just RECENTLY finally upgraded all the systems to Win7 from WinXP. It apparently takes forever when your company has 10k+ employees, they had been "working" on it for well over a year. We were supposed to have the upgrade by the end of last year. We got it in June of this year. Fail.

Sigh. I'm with PP on this, I would love to make that kind of money doing what I'm actually good at. Getting a tech job in my company is like pulling teeth...and the people that get the new positions are stupid as ****.

About upgrading the OS, we just RECENTLY finally upgraded all the systems to Win7 from WinXP. It apparently takes forever when your company has 10k+ employees, they had been "working" on it for well over a year. We were supposed to have the upgrade by the end of last year. We got it in June of this year. Fail.
Yea I'm on the Quakecon IRC where most of these guys have these kinds of positions besides a select few (such as myself). I sit back and wonder, how the **** did you get a degree and your position? I would relocate just to work for TJ lol.

Yea I'm on the Quakecon IRC where most of these guys have these kinds of positions besides a select few (such as myself). I sit back and wonder, how the **** did you get a degree and your position? I would relocate just to work for TJ lol.

I know, right? Ridiculous.

Also, I'm not that far away from PA, wouldn't be much of a move... HIRE ME TJ!

Back
Top Bottom