Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

I've had a few of them for months now :Peeking:

Is your 2500k OC'd? Also, I'm very curious as to why is had trouble recording to the SSD? :p
Nope. Like with the 465, don't wanna deal with the heat when stock is plenty for everything I do right now. Kinda the reason why I wanted her 3960x so bad because it is even more horsepower without the need to OC.
Idk about the SSD thing. I thought it was weird, but since each small video I take is around 3GB a piece I don't need to be filling it up with FRAPS videos anyways.

That's why I'm dealing with a 465 again lol. It's not that bad, really. If I OCed it I would have 480 performance and not really lag in Skyrim, but I need that extra VRAM for the textures. Everything else plays fine since I run BF3 on all low anyways with 4xAA. I just don't wanna OC and deal with the heat since it's summer. After having a 5850 in her machine and the 580 in my machine it made me realize how hot these Fermi cards really are.
After recent events (like just happened) now she wants to sell her 3960x and get me a new GPU. Lesigh. Can't let that happen.

She could get you both new GPU's :p Does she really need the 3960x?

She could get you both new GPU's :p Does she really need the 3960x?
She doesn't even need the i5 750 I gave her. The only game that is taxing she has played lately is Skyrim and I have that CPU stock running on 2 cores with turbo on to prove my point. She recently started playing games like Firefall and TF2 with some friends. For the longest time when she was using my Gateway laptop she was complaining saying she wanted to play Supreme Commander with me and my friends. Well naturally when I got this current PC I set her up with the i5 750 and a 5850. Perfectly capable of running anything. For months, she used it for Facebook and forums. Quakecon happens, she wins this, then can't understand why I'm ****ed because I KNOW she wont use that CPU or even half its power. But after recent events she wont even need a GPU either, as it appears she will be going to SP games only :|
Bleh, this is stupid.

Ah, women right? Just keep savin' every penny you can, and get a 680 or something and watch her squirm xD

SMH.

Facebook post:

my custom pc is finished and operating :D
amd fx 4100 quad core 3.6 ghz
8gb ram
xfx radeon hd 7770 core edition
windows 7 ultimate

I comment and ask:
What case, PSU, HDD/SSD, Mobo, etc?

He goes:
Thermaltake V3 Black Edition VL80001W2Z Black SECC / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case. Samsung by Seagate Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ/ST500DM005 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5". CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2 (CMPSU-430CXV2) 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC ASRock 880GM-LE FX

The 7770 is listed as a 450w minimum.
:Deskflip:

Ah, women right? Just keep savin.. ' every penny you can, and get a 680 or something and watch her squirm xD

SMH.

Facebook post:

my custom pc is finished and operating :D
amd fx 4100 quad core 3.6 ghz
8gb ram
xfx radeon hd 7770 core edition
windows 7 ultimate

I comment and ask:
What case, PSU, HDD/SSD, Mobo, etc?

He goes:
Thermaltake V3 Black Edition VL80001W2Z Black SECC / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case. Samsung by Seagate Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ/ST500DM005 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5". CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2 (CMPSU-430CXV2) 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC ASRock 880GM-LE FX

The 7770 is listed as a 450w minimum.
:Deskflip:

Minimum or not I wouldn't be worried at all. If you look at the total power consumption of the system it isn't anywhere close to 430w

I know a lot of idiots that manage to some how have a job in computer repair shops that do that sort of stuff. One recently purchased a new SSD, well, more like 2 years ago. Needless to say, he fried it, along with 4 others since, because he doesn't know what he is doing.

yCY1L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom