Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today due to a job loss of yet another family member in this house, I have had to shut my IPCop server down, along with most all my networking equipment, including my overly large for what capacity it has file server. Yay... Got news that I may have a job down in Albany KY, will be living on the TN side, hopefully internet exists out that way... Life sucks, was selected to test a new satellite system, but now I may have to move and will be rejected due to the move.

I'll stick with drawing myself away from games in anticipation of my second year of uni :p Next big game on my list is Rome 2 which is really quite a while away

I'll probably get the first CoD that arrives on next gen just to check it out.. maybe.
It'll look the same.

I just looked at your sig; What happened to the 580?

As for games, I'm still waiting for Bethesda to let someone (or do it themselves) make a Fallout MMO.
Had to sell it back in May when Mariah lost her job from being stupid. I had to sell it for 200 less than what I paid because of the damn 670s release. Needed to feed us and the boy. I've been trying to save up money to buy a new GPU since having lost all that power has made me computer depressed, no really it has. But, being a stay at home dad and all with a chick that doesn't want to listen to me making the money I have no control over any kind of savings.

Today due to a job loss of yet another family member in this house, I have had to shut my IPCop server down, along with most all my networking equipment, including my overly large for what capacity it has file server. Yay... Got news that I may have a job down in Albany KY, will be living on the TN side, hopefully internet exists out that way... Life sucks, was selected to test a new satellite system, but now I may have to move and will be rejected due to the move.
The speeds wont be that great compared to standard DSL or cable though, and if you can move to where some fiber is you will have it made. Unless you wind up staying, I wouldn't be any kind of excited for a new sat system.

the 2500k is still a power powerful processor. if it's not enough for FRAPS, I wonder how people recorded back in the days of Core 2's. I can almost guarantee most people having problems with FRAPS is because they don't have enough (hard drive) bandwidth for the recorded videos.

the 2500k is still a power powerful processor. if it's not enough for FRAPS, I wonder how people recorded back in the days of Core 2's. I can almost guarantee most people having problems with FRAPS is because they don't have enough (hard drive) bandwidth for the recorded videos.

+1 to all that. Fraps really doesn't take much CPU, mostly because it does very little processing. As evidenced by the hugormous files it creates.

Back
Top Bottom