Potentially the longest thread in history...

How long did you have it for? I was looking into the Mionix.

The problem is if you buy anything aside from logitech or razer, mice die so quickly. I had my G5 for 5 years before the left button started acting up. Had my RAT 7 for just over a year and the sensor is completely gone. Using a razer lachesis at home now for about a year; so far with no problems but we'll see.

About January. I did rage slam it once, and that clip came out, but I put it back in and it worked just like before (I actually took the right click apart to see how it was supposed to go together, and that came apart and still works perfect). The clip was fine, not bent at all, it just slipped out of what held it in.

It looks like this, the little black box with the white piece.
View attachment 5350
When you take that cover off there's just the clip bent around 2 small mounts.

But anyway, I guess that answers my question about it being specific to Mionix :tongue:. I would like either a Logitech or Razer, none of the Razer's have the shape I want though.

Edit: Looks like Logitech and Mionix use the same brand clickers (not sure of the actual terminology :p), Omron. http://blog.gaingame.com/2010/06/09/logitech-gaming-mouse-g500-disassembly/

Attachments

• mx_rev_dissection.jpg
    mx_rev_dissection.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 30
How long did you have it for? I was looking into the Mionix.

The problem is if you buy anything aside from logitech or razer, mice die so quickly. I had my G5 for 5 years before the left button started acting up. Had my RAT 7 for just over a year and the sensor is completely gone. Using a razer lachesis at home now for about a year; so far with no problems but we'll see.

I'm still rocking my Mionix 5000 that I did the review on. but, then, I don't rage slam my stuff. ;)

What sucks is, I was playing a game with a controller and didn't even need my mouse, just grabbed it for some reason :Deskflip:

Think I might just get another Mionix, I can't really find another mouse with the same width and finger placement. The G500 doesn't look bad, the size looks good (big) but it seems too bulbous and no direct placement for your fingers.

Re: Today I have...

Quakecon is one of the biggest LANs in the world.

Actually, I started vertical and corrected. Because of the beginning Youtube overcorrect causing my **** to be vertical again.
:TheFuu:

I edited the video to fix it. Not sure if corrected yet.

Does your ring and pinky finger still rest on the side of the mouse, or do they drag on the pad? That's like the biggest thing for me right now.

Also, can you just run it off the USB cord all the time, with no battery/wireless use?

Does your ring and pinky finger still rest on the side of the mouse, or do they drag on the pad? That's like the biggest thing for me right now.

Also, can you just run it off the USB cord all the time, with no battery/wireless use?
Almost my whole hand stays on the mouse.

And yea, you can run it off the cable. It's much better off the cable though.

Back
Top Bottom