Potentially the longest thread in history...

I would agree with kman for the most part... Except that my Galaxy Nexus is on par with my brothers 4S in terms of speed / smoothness.

Siri vs. Google Now.. Now there's no competition. I'd really like to have Siri on my Nexus :tongue:

I would agree with kman for the most part... Except that my Galaxy Nexus is on par with my brothers 4S in terms of speed / smoothness.
With ICS and JB, Android has hardware acceleration which helps. If you're comparing to an android phone with Gingerbread or below.. then yes it may be choppy sometimes because of the lack of HWA. ICS also has multicore support.

Siri vs. Google Now.. Now there's no competition. I'd really like to have Siri on my Nexus :tongue:

Too bad Google's voice services perform better than Siri ;).

So I bummed an iPhone 4 from a friend who wasn't using his anymore...this has been an interesting experience, porting everything over. The iCloud system is actually a lot better than I thought it would.

Also, had a joyous time modifying my original SIM...yay converting a full sized SIM to a MicroSIM. That was fun.

Eh ? Even an iPhone 4 feels faster than every android phone out their, not to mention 4S. I genuinely do not care if they keep the same SoC for iPhone 5.
Infact the 4S felt only marginally better to the 4. They can even put the old A4 soc in from IP4 for all I care.

If they announce quad core A6 with some apps and features which genuinely need it.. then fine, otherwise, quad can **** off.

And aww*

AnandTech - HTC One S Review - International and T-Mobile

Reality disagrees with you, those benchmarks show the 4s getting dominated in everything but gpu performance although the Galaxy S3 even beats it there. The 4 is simply dominated across the board.

So I bummed an iPhone 4 from a friend who wasn't using his anymore...this has been an interesting experience, porting everything over. The iCloud system is actually a lot better than I thought it would.

Also, had a joyous time modifying my original SIM...yay converting a full sized SIM to a MicroSIM. That was fun.

You should have been able to get a free SIM from your carrier. I know T-Mobile will give you a SIM for free at any retail T-Mo store, or can send you one. Surely AT&T will do the same. Since you already have everything backed up it would be a snap.

Re: Today I have...

Since having foot surgery I've just been home at bed rest the past two weeks. Will probably be back on my feet in another two weeks. All I've been doing is playing games, catching up on movies and TV shows. In the middle of re-watching Battlestar Galactica. Haven't seen season 4 yet though, can't wait.

It's been fun but laying down in bed the whole day gets boring really fast and for once I really wanted to go back to work. Gained 10lbs. Looking forward to get back to running once I get both feet done and over with.

Today I spent the whole entire day updating every single password to every single account I have. My goodness that was a pain but it's done. And watched the movie "Drive". Pretty good movie. Played some BF3.

Looking for some really good movies to watch or TV series to start. Any suggestions?

Re: Today I have...

SG-1, Atlantis, and Universe? phew that's a ton of seasons to keep me busy. Good thing they're all on Netflix.

It seems similar to BSG.

Back
Top Bottom