Potentially the longest thread in history...

Then why have a smartphone?
Few reasons.

For one, I use Ubuntu and Back Track on my phone instead of needing a laptop.
Two, I made it so I can use a GoPhone SIM in my smart phone because I prefer the feel for texting, and clearer BT/Headphones. (Come on, 25/m for one of these things is boss)
Three, it's so much faster and versatile than any other phone out there even if I don't have data.
Four, when I HAD data I never used it anyways. I always use Wifi.
Five, when I'm bored somewhere away from home and have no wifi I play my GBA emulator
Six, I use the GPS and Google maps on it without the need to purchase a separate GPS unit
Seven, I use it as a checklist/notepad/shopping list/reminded ect
Eight, LED on the thing is a flashlight substitute so one less thing to carry
Nine, it cost me only 10 bucks
You get the picture.

I intend on getting my actual data plan turned back on. In the mean time, I see no use letting my expensive toy sit around doing nothing when I can still use it day to day like I did before. It also makes for a nice text reader when I'm doing something on my PC full screen. Or when I'm playing an emulator and I'm too lazy to search for cheats or commands I Google on my phone.

Re: Today I have...

My upcoming schedule will be 2:30pm - 12:15am Tuesday - Friday, and then 7:45pm - 11:45pm on Saturday. It kicks in on 28 August, runs into February... then we bid on shifts again.

Few reasons.

For one, I use Ubuntu and Back Track on my phone instead of needing a laptop.
Two, I made it so I can use a GoPhone SIM in my smart phone because I prefer the feel for texting, and clearer BT/Headphones. (Come on, 25/m for one of these things is boss)
Three, it's so much faster and versatile than any other phone out there even if I don't have data.
Four, when I HAD data I never used it anyways. I always use Wifi.
Five, when I'm bored somewhere away from home and have no wifi I play my GBA emulator
Six, I use the GPS and Google maps on it without the need to purchase a separate GPS unit
Seven, I use it as a checklist/notepad/shopping list/reminded ect
Eight, LED on the thing is a flashlight substitute so one less thing to carry
Nine, it cost me only 10 bucks
You get the picture.

I intend on getting my actual data plan turned back on. In the mean time, I see no use letting my expensive toy sit around doing nothing when I can still use it day to day like I did before. It also makes for a nice text reader when I'm doing something on my PC full screen. Or when I'm playing an emulator and I'm too lazy to search for cheats or commands I Google on my phone.

How is it faster than say, a GS3?

Was it you or Kman that was off and on a few months back because you said the TF app on your phone used all of your data..?

How are you using Google Maps on the go without data? That would be a life saver...

You're not the one that was working until 4:30am... I was at work for almost 12 hours straight, shoot me.

Hmm yeah thats not that bad.

I would like to do one or two 12 hours shifts a week. Yeah it would depress me but the extra money would be worth it.

Was talking about damaging MacBook Pros on Macrumors forums, and then someone came out with this:

the more you think about denting it you will dent it.

the more carefree you think about it the less likely you will dent it IMO.

:TheFuu:

How is it faster than say, a GS3?

Was it you or Kman that was off and on a few months back because you said the TF app on your phone used all of your data..?

How are you using Google Maps on the go without data? That would be a life saver...
Pretty positive I can say my custom Kernel/Rom/Rooted/OC setup is faster than a stock GS3 with carrier ROM. Thing is, they are still pretty damn close in my eyes. I was saying in general, my phone is still faster than most out there and since I have it I'm going to use it even without data. That's like buying a 1200 dollar gaming PC and letting it collect dust because you can't afford games to play on it (terrible analogy, but you get my point).

I don't use the TF app, so don't think it was me.

Google Maps allows you to save maps locally so you don't have to use data on your phone while navigating.

Hmm yeah thats not that bad.

I would like to do one or two 12 hours shifts a week. Yeah it would depress me but the extra money would be worth it.
I would gladly work 2-4 12 hour days if it meant having the rest of the week to do as I please, even if it means I can take overtime.

Try pulling 7 days in a row in a factory, 14-17 hours a day. XD

I'll pass. From next monday I just work form 9:20am to 5pm. Would like to start 90minutes earlier and finish 90minutes later.

But my commute is 2 hours each way which means I leave at 7:30am latest and get home at 7pm if all goes to plan. Though it often doesn't because our trains arn't particularly reliable.

Back
Top Bottom