Potentially the longest thread in history...

Believe it or not, there are people that can be legally drunk, or completely fried that can appear as if they are sober, from the view point of someone that IS sober. Can I do that today? Hell no. Could I do it years ago when I drank vodka and whiskey daily? Quiet possibly, I got rather good at drinking large quantities before I couldn't do jack crap.

Soul, I miss our days of talking on TS3 and me scaring the crap outta you.

When taking an exam it is best not to have a screaming baby behind you or else you will miss simple questions like this.

MGET, ASCII, LCD, AND MKDIR are examples of what?

For some odd reason I clicked on an answer that had to do with HTML >=[
:Fuu::Deskflip::OhGodWhy:

Why would they allow a screaming baby into an exam taking area anyway?

Wow I didn't realize CPU power played as much of a role in games as it clearly does. On another forum a while back I was discussing what I was going to do about a new rig and they said there wasn't much point in a completely new rig since I wasn't a hardcore gamer. But I tell you the new rig is way better at games than the old rig with the same graphics card it is almost like night and day.

Why would they allow a screaming baby into an exam taking area anyway?

Wow I didn't realize CPU power played as much of a role in games as it clearly does. On another forum a while back I was discussing what I was going to do about a new rig and they said there wasn't much point in a completely new rig since I wasn't a hardcore gamer. But I tell you the new rig is way better at games than the old rig with the same graphics card it is almost like night and day.
I was doing it at home and my kid was behind me.

Honestly an x6 isn't that great for gaming, as games aren't built to run on 6 cores, usually only 2, 3/4 tops...
Cycles per clock is where it counts. A 2500k will smoke any X6 at gaming simply because faster clocks and more cycles per clock per core.

the way I see it games will eventually be designed to use infinite numbers of cores it will just see how many cores are available and configure itself accordingly

the way I see it games will eventually be designed to use infinite numbers of cores it will just see how many cores are available and configure itself accordingly
Games will never be truly multi-threaded until 3 things happen. Consoles have more or equal cores to PC games, software is programmed to efficiently take advantage of more than 4 cores, and the standard PC has more than 4 cores. Until then, any CPU that can win in a single core battle will game better than something simply with more cores.

For the most things support for an infinite number of cores will never happen. Writing multithreaded software isn't easily and more threads isn't necessarily better either. The hard part is dealing with data that is shared between multiple threads, I won't go into a huge discussion on it but it can be pretty challenging and you can easily make something perform worse by adding to many threads.

It's not necessarily consoles fault either, the PS3 benefits form good multi core support just as much if not more than a pc does.

Back
Top Bottom