Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today was my first days work. It was boring as expected, health and safety crap, filling in forms, fire safety etc.. yawn.

But oh my ****ing god I hate Birmingham New Street train station, it's huge with several thousands square meters of free space with no damn ****ing seats, so you just have to stand around for 30 to 60 minutes waiting for your damn train to arrive, and when you go down to your platform it's like a coal mine just dirt and sut with diesel fumes everywhere totally disgusting. My train their and back was perfectly on time and the train itself was fine, but wow that huge station in Birmingham is totally horrible. I find it depressing that I am going to be using it every day for 1/3rd of the year.

The worst thing is because it was just an induction day my start time was 11am and finish was 3pm.. so it wasn't even busy or in rush hour, but it still sucked a lot and the commute each way was the best part of 2 hours.

You didn't need to post it in both OT threads :p

My thoughts exactly.

Yup, New Street is a hellhole. It's literally all underground, except for the entrance area. And yup, seating is nonexistent.

I was getting so aggravated with it. I can't even imagine it at rush hour. May just top myself at that station one day..

:Deskflip:

haha, I passed through Birmingham on my way to Manchester/Liverpool. I'm glad I don't live in any of the aforementioned cities :p much too dirty/crowded for someone coming from a tiny city like Perth lol

Today one of our web servers is being DDoS'd, we've had to block all traffic including legitimate client access >< not happy.

I was getting so aggravated with it. I can't even imagine it at rush hour. May just top myself at that station one day..

:Deskflip:

I had a quick look, and surprisingly couldn't find any examples of suicides there. I suppose it's because they go there, realise that's what hell is like and think "Actually, I'm ok staying here".

Back
Top Bottom