Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

I'm still here :tongue:

To stay on topic...
Today I went to work, turned my timesheet and my key in, came home, played Minecraft, and am now looking for something / somewhere to eat... I want sushi.

Today I have been banging my head against my desk waiting for my measly extra-2-days-off vacation to start. I hate asking for vacation in my department...

American laws are not nice, as an adult, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, and numerous other charges stack up, especially if tried as an adult.

Well, punishment can be very disproportionate to the crime in this country. A lot of violent crimes have shockingly shorter sentence times than drug possession crimes do in a lot of states.

American laws are not nice, as an adult, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, and numerous other charges stack up, especially if tried as an adult.

The most you get here for buying alcohol for a minor is a $7800 fine.

I just googled it and for the US it says most places its a $1,000 fine and up to 60 days imprisonment for a first offence. Though I am aware it changes by state. No idea how you were getting 20 years - that is 4 times longer than Kentucky's max jail sentence for normal rape..even over here you get up to 24years for rape. Though that is probably for nasty **** with underage people. I am sure it is normally less for consenting adults.

I'll be asking for vacation on my first day haha, I am sure that won't go down well.

Just sent my car in for brake light repair and MOT. Boooo.

check your air filter and go outside and wash off the crap built up on the a/c coils with a garden hose
The AC is properly maintained. It just goes way colder than what you set it to. Say I set it to 68 it wont cut off until it reaches 65 then wait till it warms up to 70 and do it again. It's pretty annoying as the vent is huge and blasts cold air right where I'm sitting. They have a small attic room being cooled by a 4ton unit. All of the air goes through one huge vent in the wall and no matter where I setup my PC I always get hit with arctic air.

Yeah, summer usually means slower traffic through here. There are always a few who show up during the summer and post a lot, but most wander off until school starts back up.
New jerb for me means less posts.

Lolwut 20 years jail for letting a 15 year old have a drink. Okay :p
Yea, and you can get accused of statutory rape and face 10 years, then have to register as a sex offender even if you didn't do anything. That is here in a state where 3 or less years is ok (for minors) to date. But if the girl cries wolf and says statutory rape you are screwed and there is hardly any defense for the guy unless he can miraculously cover a DNA test. Then, you have to prove you never touched her which includes kissing. How do I know this? Because I faced this once and almost did jail time. The only way I got out of it was because I was smart.

The most you get here for buying alcohol for a minor is a $7800 fine.

I just googled it and for the US it says most places its a $1,000 fine and up to 60 days imprisonment for a first offence. Though I am aware it changes by state. No idea how you were getting 20 years - that is 4 times longer than Kentucky's max jail sentence for normal rape..even over here you get up to 24years for rape. Though that is probably for nasty **** with underage people. I am sure it is normally less for consenting adults.
You have to realize that American laws and courts are corrupt and stupid. As the picture states you can get HARD time for simple piracy let your cell mate who raped 3 girls can get bail after 5 years (sometimes). Depends on who you are, who you know, and how much money you are willing to spend.

Back
Top Bottom