Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today I came home to find that my nexus 7 had been delivered. It's a nice little device and I like it a lot. I'm still getting used to the onscreen buttons but the touch recognition has greatly improved since I last used Android. Does anyone know of any good android apps that are a must have?

All of the Google apps are particularly good on tablets. Quickoffice is the best office suite I have tried and has a good pdf viewer. If you want a standalone/free pdf viewer qPDF is pretty good imo. Be sure to get the Tegra Zone app so you can easily find all of the games that are optimized for Tegra 3.

Today I came home to find that my nexus 7 had been delivered. It's a nice little device and I like it a lot. I'm still getting used to the onscreen buttons but the touch recognition has greatly improved since I last used Android. Does anyone know of any good android apps that are a must have?

Unified Remote, Google Currents, MX Player, Google Music.

Today I flashed a different ROM on my phone already.

One that was in development for quite a while it seems, in the Rezound community. Have to say I'm pleased with it.

Today I flashed a different ROM on my phone already.

One that was in development for quite a while it seems, in the Rezound community. Have to say I'm pleased with it.
I'm considering CM9 over Shostock2. What do you think for the GS2?

Edit: My only complaint with SS2 is that it takes the GPS forever to lock even with GPS Status.

Edit: My only complaint with SS2 is that it takes the GPS forever to lock even with GPS Status.

Give task650's build of AOKP a try. I have been running it for a few months and really like it.

Give task650's build of AOKP a try. I have been running it for a few months and really like it.
Does the GPS take 5 minutes to lock?

Today I have changed the speakers in my car. I took the front ones out and put the back ones in the doors. Tomorrow I will be getting 2 new 6x8s to put in the rear so my car sounds better. I also fixed my door lock. All it needed was the latch to be reset.

My friend spent £80 on a pair of speakers for his '97 VW Polo and £130 on amp and front panel thing, assuming they would be better. Turns out old german cars have good standard speakers to start with because it sounded worse.

:TrueStory:

Come to think of it the two speakers in my '02 VW Polo are okay too. Not great, but better than most new non-german cars with standard stereos.

Stock speakers in most American vehicles without an upgraded audio package are ****.
Anything can sound like crap if they aren't setup right. If I change a few settings on my radio my car sounds like ass.

I've never used a Samsung device, let alone the GS2. I've been on HTC for all my smartphones :p. CM9 when I used it on my Incredible was..well.. Incredible (excuse the pun lol). Ran smooth, and fast. And that was a 1GHz single-core, 512MB 2 year old phone. I'm sure the GS2 would be smooth as butter.

Does the GPS take 5 minutes to lock?

That's kernel / radio dependent. Every ROM I've used, has had working GPS; if there was a GPS issue, it was usually fixed by using a different kernel (or radio).

I've never used a Samsung device, let alone the GS2. I've been on HTC for all my smartphones :p. CM9 when I used it on my Incredible was..well.. Incredible (excuse the pun lol). Ran smooth, and fast. And that was a 1GHz single-core, 512MB 2 year old phone. I'm sure the GS2 would be smooth as butter.

That's kernel / radio dependent. Every ROM I've used, has had working GPS; if there was a GPS issue, it was usually fixed by using a different kernel (or radio).
The GPS works, it just takes forever for it to lock. I guess maybe later I'll try CM9.

Back
Top Bottom