Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

I have been waiting for you to comment, when I saw you had I chuckled before I even saw it because I knew it would be "The xxxxx has those features for xxxxx amount of money" :p And I was right :grin:

I really like the chiclet keyboard, in fact I like it just as much as my mechanical keyboard - so that is subjective I guess.

Your X220 is thicker than a MBP and is only dual core, so I would kind of expect it to be as quiet and have good thermals.. it's not even a comparable type of laptop, its dual core, crappy gpu, worse screen, fatter, uglier (Though nice in a different way) so I think i'll stick with this.

3on5c8.jpg

I lold.
:LOL:

I've been waiting for some backlash against Kman, too. But honestly, I have to disagree with Puddle this time. You can't compare the rMBP to your X220. It's an entirely different class of laptop.

Playing basketball with my brothers.
Last game, almost to game point.
Younger brother does lunging elbow to my face.
I get ****ed, throw him to the ground.
He starts crying about us criticizing his playing, even though I'd been getting more criticism.
He throws his sunglasses.
I go to pick them up.
He tries to throw a ladder at me as I'm picking up the sunglasses.

WTF?!

:YouMad:

I've been waiting for some backlash against Kman, too. But honestly, I have to disagree with Puddle this time. You can't compare the rMBP to your X220. It's an entirely different class of laptop.
I can say something, but it really isn't my place and has nothing to do with the product itself.

I can say something, but it really isn't my place and has nothing to do with the product itself.

I can guess what you'd say ;) Something along the lines off its stupid that i'm paying for it through my parents and it's a waste of money for some reason bla bla etc etc :p
While that is probably true, as long as I can afford it, I don't really care how I pay for it.

OR you think my parents are stupid for doing it. Which I agree with, if I wasa parent I would never trust my kid to repay me 2K. But if they are stupid enough to do that for me then i'm not going to say no.. afterall they are making money off me in the long run, and my dads a ******* so he owes me.

edit:

Replace parents with dad. My mUm is cool!

I can guess what you'd say ;) Something along the lines off its stupid that i'm paying for it through my parents and it's a waste of money for some reason bla bla etc etc :p
While that is probably true, as long as I can afford it, I don't really care how I pay for it.

OR you think my parents are stupid for doing it. Which I agree with, if I wasa parent I would never trust my kid to repay me 2K. But if they are stupid enough to do that for me then i'm not going to say no.. afterall they are making money off me in the long run, and my dads a ******* so he owes me.

edit:

Replace parents with dad. My mUm is cool!
Coming from the guy who said earlier that he needed some welfare because they were so poor and couldn't afford day to day living. Sorry man, give it up with the BS. If they are cool with dropping 2k on you like that then you guys don't need welfare at all.
:Deskflip:

Coming from the guy who said earlier that he needed some welfare because they were so poor and couldn't afford day to day living. Sorry man, give it up with the BS. If they are cool with dropping 2k on you like that then you guys don't need welfare at all.
:Deskflip:

Correct because my dad got to keep his job and got Grade A at his work this year which is a £15,000 bonus, none of us are on welfare. They were worried because he was very VERY close to losing his job (On the 'list'). And my dad has no degree, and similar jobs at other companies are on less than half his current salary amount.

But yes we are good for a while. It is just a matter of time, they are getting rid of all IT positions in the UK. So his job will go eventually, whether it be a year or 5 years. And then we will be living on a few months of redundancy pay, after that mum only earn 8k so we would have to go on welfare. That was the situation.

By then I will have a better job and can pay them back everything I owe and fly the nest.

I understand your confusion. So to clarify:
No jobs being lost for a year
Good financial situation
No one is on welfare
The toaster is back on 4 slot mode (Dad changed it to 2 slots to save power, ya..)
I am to pay them back for various things slowly while i'm on £120 a week for this year. When they keep me on as a proper employee after I complete this year my wage will be about 2.5x what it is currently, then I pay them back much more, once that is done I move out. Voila !

If I had to choose something to smack kman for THIS time, it'd be paying 20% extra on top of an already expensive machine simply because he couldn't stand to not have the latest/greatest options included. SMACK. BAD BOY.

Now that that's taken care of :p today we finally stopped being DDoS'd! Pretty much brought our network to its knees until we got an ACL in there. Wasn't the best solution, as we had to block some legitimate requests for sure, but seems like they've given up for now. Fun times

Back
Top Bottom