Potentially the longest thread in history...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

They seem to give the same temps since they likely read the same sensor but is it ok for the gpu to run in the 70-100c range it idles around 75c when doing something light it goes to 80c and gaming it goes to 100c

75c idle ? That is crazy! It's not even a very high powered card. 100c load is abysmal.

Im pretty sure something is wrong, but then again, i've never really looked at that card.. maybe they are supposed to run that stupidly hot, but it seems unlikely.

maybe dust, after all this did come out of my old computer. Or could it be that it is taking in hot air from inside the case and making it hotter in the card.

I got to find a way to make this thing run cooler

Re: Today I have...

No way I would do that :CerealSpit:

I was going to pay it through finance, but I would of got declined and my dad didn't want finance finance. So he paid for it outright, and is going to make me pay for it over 3 or 4 years with 20% interest :p My own parents are making money out of me - shocking I know. But fair enough.
Oh ok. Not exactly in the mood to read too much so I kinda skipped some stuff.

Really though, your 680/2600 machine should play that res just fine at stock.

k i dusted it with whats left of my can of air and now its 66 with very little load and the fan is quieter so is that a more realistic temp?

edit:

also are there covers you can get to put back on the slots where pci cards go. in my build process I removed the wrong one for my wifi card and now there's a hole in the back that I want to recover up. This case has the snap off covers that once they bend off they don't go back on they also bend the slot a little but everything still seems to line up

Oh ok. Not exactly in the mood to read too much so I kinda skipped some stuff.

Really though, your 680/2600 machine should play that res just fine at stock.

Yeah it would. I like my 90fps @ 1680x1050 though.

I just played a game off the Mac App Store at 2880x1800.. got 20fps frame rate with 4x AA, but wow, this thing heats up quickly. Not too hot that it hurts your lap or too hot to touch, but definitely quite toasty especially around the F3 to F8 keys.

40fps at 1920x1080, which still looks good.

Better, but most gpu's idle between 30 and 50c depending on architecture. Though if you are running dual screens that will be higher.

I am running dual screens this gpu used to run about 55c-80c depending on load I just recently got the another monitor. I haven't gotten an accurate idea of that the real idle temp is since i haven't left the computer alone for a while to see where the temperature falls to

Also this is a single slot card meaning smaller heatsink. I know there are dual slot versions available but will that make a difference?

4 or so hours of run time? I had 6 on my ol' dell from 7 years ago, and could sit and play COD4 for 3 before the battery went dead. xD

Back
Top Bottom