Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Just fixed my trailblazer that was doing the same thing today. I haven't worked on any cars since the 70's but there's google today so I can fix my own some times. The low idle for me turned out to be a very dirty throttle body ( kinda like a carb on an old car) I cleaned it up and went from a 400-500 idle to 650. The 150 rpm's made a big difference when the a/c is on. I also learned that my car has no gas pedal linkage....it's all electric and there is no adjustment

I believe the van is all electric as well. I hope I can get this sorted out. I'd be very sad to see this car go. It got us through some tough times when we had no money, and couldn't afford any big vehicle repairs. I generally hate Chrysler, and we had another van from them that was a total POS, but this one has held up beyond belief. Smoothest riding car I had, up until my XC60.

[Old post snip]

I just typed up le epic post to do with tonights drama about me and dad installing Win8 and how it all went horribly wrong, and then for reasons unknown Win8 froze on me.

:Deskflip:

Story of my life these past 7 months. :TrueStory:

I just typed up le epic post to do with tonights drama about me and dad installing Win8 and how it all went horribly wrong, and then for reasons unknown Win8 froze on me.

:Deskflip:

I tried to have my wife use Windows 8. She walked out of the room. Came back with some Marshmallow Vodka, and more determination then ever.

Edit: Kman, how old is that Trot post!?

Very old haha. When I opened thread it opened on a random page and I paid no attention to the date and just assumed we were on the last page :grin:

I'll post a shortened version of what happened tonight:

Decided to upgrade my PC to Win 8 release preview. Never done an upgrade before, didn't realise it kept absolutely everything. So I install, come back and it asks me a few questions such as theme color etc so I assume it's nearly done. Finish that, screen goes black with no text or anything, and I can hear the HDD cranking away hard. At this point I realise it's doing all the hard work to get my Win7 stuff onto Win8 and working. Damn thing took 4 hours with no indication of how far along it was, I just left it going until my HDD went quiet. Once it did I rebooted and all was fine. But man having no PC for 4 hours killed me, I didn't know what to do with myself. How bad is that :p ?

And then my dads suddenly turned itself off just after he had been playing on Win8 for about an hour. All his hardware is pretty new except his PSU which is a no-name 500w piece of crap. It's no wonder it's broke, loads of his devices are just daisy chained off a single molex cable and several adapters. So I say to him, this time buy a good PSU £50+ and up. But he would not do it.. he just ordered a sub £20 PSU with 4 molex cables.. and he is going to do the same again, power the GPU by using molex to PCI-E adapters and the SATA powered HDD's using other adapters. I could not believe his logic. Your crappy PSU just died so you are going to buy another crappy PSU which will also die ? Well whatever...

If it was a normal person earning a ****ty income I would expect that reaction. But truth is he is on a great income, could afford a £100 PSU no problem. Not only on that but his job for many years was server maintenance where only the best enterprise grade stuff was used. He knows full well what he is doing. He's been building and mainting my PC since I was a kid until the last few years where I knew what I was doing myself. He has like 10+ Microsoft, Comp Tia and various other PC related qualifications.

I can not get my head around it at all. He can afford it, he knows what he's doing, he knows it's another crappy PSU, but he just can't bring himself to get anything other than the cheapest one he could find.

:SeriouslyChan:

Just did a weigh in. Started my diet on June 14th at 238.1lbs, just weighed myself now on 13th July, down to 227.5lbs :D

Unfortunately, I look no different :(

Haha thats not going to happen he spends his life studying for all manor of Windows 7 and Windows server exams, extremely competent.

Pre-Sandy Bridge Core i5 quad, 16Gb DDR3, my old GTX 470 that has overheating issues - but as he plays no games it's not a problem for him.

edit:

Sorry no, 32GB of ram.

On a ****ty PSU? Wow...

Anyone see a problem here? Help!

View attachment 5326

Small pic is small... My media partition shows up in disk management, but not in explorer? Just started doing this when I turned the laptop back on. No OS/hardware changes.

Attachments

• missingpartition.jpg
    missingpartition.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom