Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Key words, at your credit union. Somebody who really wants the car or seriously has no life can save up 10 grand or more to drop as a down. If you can afford 1000 a month then before you actually buy the car you can set back 1000 for say a year and that's 12k right there for a down. 2 years, 24k for a down. The price of the car or value in that bracket isn't going to depreciate in a few years, especially something like a 911 GT3, ect. I personally know guys who would do this, and did with cars around 75k. They make 20/h and have a 75k car (or in that area of price). As was said, this is why the economy is so bad and why the credit system is ****ed. Try not to forget exactly how stupid the general public is.
And preach to the choir man, you are talking to a guy who buys his cars off of CL to NOT have any kind of payment. All of my vehicles are paid for.

Yeah, like I said, even with a 0.1% interest rate it wouldn't be 1k a month without a down payment, and I would assume no one would offer a 0% financing on a car like that...but I hear what you're saying about setting aside 1k a month for a while. Still unimaginably stupid, but whatever. If you want to overspend on anything, do it on a bed. You spend a third of your life in one, may as well make sure it's a good one. A car will get you from point A to point B, so you only need something reliable...not something that makes people think they can get laid just by having the car.

Not that that makes any sense anyway, I figure most women that like a man with a sporty car thinks the guy has money...won't think he's that cool if he takes her home to his dump of a place. Or his mom's basement. Whichever.

Yeah, like I said, even with a 0.1% interest rate it wouldn't be 1k a month without a down payment, and I would assume no one would offer a 0% financing on a car like that...but I hear what you're saying about setting aside 1k a month for a while. Still unimaginably stupid, but whatever. If you want to overspend on anything, do it on a bed. You spend a third of your life in one, may as well make sure it's a good one. A car will get you from point A to point B, so you only need something reliable...not something that makes people think they can get laid just by having the car.

Not that that makes any sense anyway, I figure most women that like a man with a sporty car thinks the guy has money...won't think he's that cool if he takes her home to his dump of a place. Or his mom's basement. Whichever.
Most males in America think with their dick. They have a ****ty place to afford a nice car with their crap job just to pick up chicks at the bar. They couldn't care less about a relationship really.

I do assume that's true, but I guess they have to do some quick thinking if said one night stand wants to go back to "his place"...and I'm assuming if he can't afford much more than his car, he can't afford a hotel...but hey, what do I know, maybe these people have money stuff in their mattresses specifically for that situation. I hate people.

she needs to stay away from her family... sounds like they are toxic people that are only making her instability worse.... that is also NOT A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR THE KID!!!

Ezio is gonna learn from that and be manipulative and backstabbing and crap like that and that is no env. for a little one.

and WTF made them do this crap anyways? did some little bird say the wrong thing again?

The new trollicons sure do make a few posts interesting... Today I spent the day doing... nothing? Watched Eureka Seven: Pocket full of rainbows, was rather good, but highly twisted and set in a different universe from the series.... Aside from that, I fixed a few backups on the network at home, started a hellish degragmentation of an older SCSI RAID5 array that is nearly full and highly fragmented... Grabbed the faceplates for my rack mount servers finally, installed a tv tuner on the multimedia pc, and started looking at Western Digital Red 2TB drives... They are supposed to handle 24/7 operation a lot better than the Greens so....

Today I spent more money than I ever have on an order that wasn't car related (and computer related...crazy, I know). I'm not spending any more money for a while.

Also, I called off work and we're going to go eat food that's tasty. No idea what yet.

Back
Top Bottom