Potentially the longest thread in history...

Oh you mean that quad-core phone isn't a leap over the dual core? Only the US versions got ****ed but that is only because US carriers are rubbish.

Dual core IP4S was a leap over single core IP4 but no one gave a crap then.

4S had dual core cpu, dual core gpu, better camera, totally revamped antennae design to get rid of IP4 problem, better noise cancellation tech, numerous OS improvements.. but everyone flamed it just because it looked the same.

Re: Today I have...

Earlier today (around 4am) I couldn't sleep for fear of our cars getting towed then got my hopes up like an idiot that I might make a trade. Well little bit later we are leaving and a guy is directing 3 tow trucks to tow anybody parked in our apartment complex without a new parking sticker. As soon as I get on to the highway I'm stuck in traffic because some tard decided to slam into a concrete wall on a 2 lane busy exit/onramp to another highway southbound. I finally get to Mariah's moms house and even though she took off first I beat her doing he speed limit all the way there in 5th gear. :TheFuu:
So without a phone and without the kids things I'm waiting there and I have no idea where she is.
Little later we get to the old folks home where her great grandma is and we have lunch with her and I take a 3 hour nap on her couch cause I was so tired.
Now I am sitting here on that crappy P4 laptop at my best friends house eating good food and watching fireworks. (Well going out there after I post this)
:MeGusta:

Yep, it is. I shall see. Gotta save up for Haswell, though ;)

If I ever get a damned job in this crappy economy then hopefully I can afford both.

I'm waiting for Broadwell :AwwwYea:

Earlier today (around 4am) I couldn't sleep for fear of our cars getting towed then got my hopes up like an idiot that I might make a trade. Well little bit later we are leaving and a guy is directing 3 tow trucks to tow anybody parked in our apartment complex without a new parking sticker. As soon as I get on to the highway I'm stuck in traffic because some tard decided to slam into a concrete wall on a 2 lane busy exit/onramp to another highway southbound. I finally get to Mariah's moms house and even though she took off first I beat her doing he speed limit all the way there in 5th gear. :TheFuu:
So without a phone and without the kids things I'm waiting there and I have no idea where she is.
Little later we get to the old folks home where her great grandma is and we have lunch with her and I take a 3 hour nap on her couch cause I was so tired.
Now I am sitting here on that crappy P4 laptop at my best friends house eating good food and watching fireworks. (Well going out there after I post this)
:MeGusta:

P4, those were the days...

Siri isn't even on iPhone 4 so **** knows how you managed that.

It's not some miracle thing from the future. You still have to speak clearly, and not in a loud environment. Over exagerate your words in a complicated sentence and it will get it right. If it's a short command like "time 10minutes" it works every time for me.

Come on... Don't talk to me like I don't have the intelligence to know to speak clearly. When I told XP to play music, it didn't open my browser and take me to pictures of dogs with hats.

As a C and Objective-C developer, installing anything you want onto an iPhone isn't the most difficult thing to do. Remember the mobile iOS, like OSX, is Linux with a shiny wrapper. You can open it up just like any other computer, which is nearly mandatory when developing iOS apps.

It's not some miracle thing from the future. You still have to speak clearly, and not in a loud environment. Over exagerate your words in a complicated sentence and it will get it right. If it's a short command like "time 10minutes" it works every time for me.

That's why in that link I posted, they compared Apple's and Google's voice searches in both noisy and quiet environments. Google did better in both environments; Google has also had voice search before Siri, so I'd say it as Apple building off of Google.

Come on... Don't talk to me like I don't have the intelligence to know to speak clearly. When I told XP to play music, it didn't open my browser and take me to pictures of dogs with hats.

As a C and Objective-C developer, installing anything you want onto an iPhone isn't the most difficult thing to do. Remember the mobile iOS, like OSX, is Linux with a shiny wrapper. You can open it up just like any other computer, which is nearly mandatory when developing iOS apps.

Well there is your problem. Siri was not put on iPhone 4 because iPhone 4 uses A4 SoC. The 4S uses A5 SoC which has new and custom noise cancellation circuitry meant for Siri. It is never going to work on IP4 as well. The iPhone 4 also can't contact Apple servers properly where all the heavy work of parsing what you have said is done.

The second part of my message wasn't directed at you, so please don't take that the wrong way. I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence at all. It's just that people expected Siri to be perfect because fanboy reviews of the 4S over hyped it's capabilities.

That's why in that link I posted, they compared Apple's and Google's voice searches in both noisy and quiet environments. Google did better in both environments; Google has also had voice search before Siri, so I'd say it as Apple building off of Google.

Yeah.. they do have some work to do for sure. Like I keep saying, I happily admit I don't use it because it is not reliable enough. But it doesn't come out with crazy stuff like Baez is reporting for me, it just gets some words slightly wrong.

I have the P4 from my first computer sitting in front of me, took it out before I junked the rest of the PC.

I have the processor from most every build I ever have done... I have a ton of socket a processors from slow upgrades over time... xD
I even have a P4 64bit 3.8Ghz CPU that runs Win7 x64... on the slow side... Sucker gets HOT too.

Back
Top Bottom