Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

It has not been a good day... One of my aunt's died this morning, and then I got the news that a cousin (one month older than me) has broken his back but no other details yet. Both happened out of state so I can't go to where they are. I am not a happy camper at all.

OMG That really sucks.... im so sorry to hear that..... I lost and miss my aunt helen she was sooo niiiice.... I basically have not much family left anymore... so I appreciate what I do have and love em as much as I can.

OMG Eso es una mierda .... im so pena oír eso ..... He perdido y extraño a mi tía Elena era taaan niiiice .... Yo, básicamente, no han dejado familia mucho más ... así que aprecio lo que tengo y me encanta em tanto como me sea posible.

The language thing was a joke my Spanish professor told me :tongue:

As far as DJ software: Traktor Pro 2 is MUCH more stable than VDJ 7. Beatmatching, cues, and live input work much better on Traktor. I used VDJ for years before switching. What made me switch was one day I was DJing a High School Homecoming dance, and a student was talking to me about DJing, saw I was using VDJ and said "That's the program we use for holidays at my house." It was at that point that I realized how amateurish VDJ's default skin looks. I know, you can customize VDJ with skins, and it supports basically any controller out there. But if you use any "mainstream' controller, that shouldn't be an issue. And I'm being loose with mainstream, as I've seen some really obscure controllers being used with Traktor. Honestly, it's just personal preference. VDJ works fine, but I think you'll find a majority of Pro digital DJ's prefer Traktor.
Maybe I'm a bit oldschool, but that is such an oxymoron. The term professional means get paid for what you do, and I do (so technically I'm a pro DJ too) but IMO real DJ's don't use laptops to do all the work for them. One MC I used to DJ with (who went to jail recently) would pretty much spit on the floor if you used a laptop lol. I'll check out this other program though. I'm on my own doing karaoke now every friday woot.

Everyone speaks a language. People speak different languages. It's what makes us diverse. Everyone has the ability to learn other languages, and be more connected to native speakers. The joke was kind of geared towards the people that walk around America wearing shirts that say "I support making English Americas first language." They expect when people come here from a non English speaking country that they speak English. Yet at the same time, when Americans go to other countries, we expect them to speak English. While most European countries that don't speak English teach their citizens English from the time they're young, America can't seem to be bothered. Laziness. Pure laziness. There is no excuse why you can't pick up a second language. If you never leave the ranch, then so be it. But if you do any kind of traveling, it should be a requirement. You should't be able to get an international passport in this country unless you can prove at least basic skills in a foreign language, IMHO. But no, instead we're too busy invading women's rights and making sure no one says "******." Yeah, you guys seen this yet? Embarrassing. This country is nothing short of embarrassing.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
Eh I think you have the majority of things backwards here. People like me (not your average sheeple, or American, on certain subjects) thinks that if you are going to come over here to "make a better life", use our tax dollars for whatever reason, then you should learn the language to pick up a job. Course living in Texas this is a severe problem. There are so many Mexicans coming over here expecting their kids to learn English because they think they are too old and rely on them as translators. Then they wonder why their kids disrespect them so much. Yet at the same time can't get a job half the time. In my personal opinion that is pure laziness. Come to a country expecting your kids to learn the native language while you use up the natives tax dollars on your welfare. I shouldn't be called lazy simply because I don't want to learn a different language. Everywhere I go is English, I don't plan to go out of the country (let alone afford it) any time soon, all my friends and family speak fluent English, so why should I be called lazy because I don't want to learn something unnecessary to my every day life? Even though I'm 100% positive we have touched the subject already but I'll say it again, if and when the time comes for me to travel I will most definitely learn another language. Probably Italian or French. Again in my opinion, if you are just traveling to America I don't expect you to learn the language. We expect tourists not knowing the language, and expect the drivers too as the average American can't drive as it is. If you decide to stay, you should learn at least basic English. By basic I mean carry a regular conversation but not go get a masters in the piece of crap language we call American English.
Another thing I hate is when I worked at the gas station I saw this all the time. Mexican person obviously speaking damn near perfect English on the phone or to the person with them and when I tell them their card was denied or something "no speaka". That gets on my nerves bad.

So you took it in your early to mid teens, and are going to tell me that you you're frustrated because you couldn't learn a language? You have to start young. If you start when a child is around 4, they can easily learn 3 languages simultaneously. My uncle is a polyglot (4 fluent spoken.) He was born in New York, spoke English at home, but attended school taught in Spanish. On the weekends he would visit family that spoke only French. And on his own time, he studied German. He wasn't a top student in his graduating class, and only attended a community college. He didn't come from money; but rather a family that wanted him to be educated. He's not the only one I know, either. There are a lot of bi/trilingual people out there that learned when they were young. Anyone can pick up a language when they are young. That's what I was trying to get at: The schools need to make a second language a requirement very early on, while kids are still developing because it works.

And as far as the video goes: The American right has NO respect for women, blacks, Hispanics, gays, Muslims, etc... They get all up in arms when something isn't going their way, and try to make it seem like they are the ones with "morals."
I agree on the age thing. We will be teaching my boy multiple languages early on. So in a few years I will need to start learning some languages so I know he isn't cussing me out in French or something.

Back
Top Bottom