Potentially the longest thread in history...

lol, I have 800 texts and 800 minutes, I usually use 10% of the first and 1% of the last. Half of my calls and messages are through Skype/Whatsapp anyway.

I use up quite a few texts but never call. I got 300 minutes.

When i talk to friends it is always over Xbox or Skype. Except of course when i see them IRL.

How do use so much just doing Facebook and TF? Unless you have like, 200MB data...

Yeah, wow, how much do you use them both ?? must use it quite a lot.

Only time I went over my 1GB limit was when I was using it as a hotspot for 2 days when some gypsy **** stole my towns copper cable.
300MB shared between 2 smart phones and over half of that was already used from doing Youtube videos at a DJ thing. I didn't anticipate us losing home net so soon. I have the cheapest everything on our plan to keep the bill low. 300MB and 550/ rollover minutes between 2 phones, and unlimited texts. Costs around 118/m when we don't go over anything.

My 3GB is called Unlimited (it was from before T-Mobile joined their network with Orange) but it's not really, it's 3GB.
Standard data is unlimited, the 3GB is the high speed cap. Found that out the hard way when I worked for DirecTV and hit the limit and couldn't even load our check in page.

It's easy to waste a ton of data when you are tethering via hotspot to one PC and every other person has to post 10 million pics on their wall of the same boring BS.

Re: Today I have...

What about these bad boys? xD

View attachment 5302
DDR 333 PC2700. I ran that stuff for years until I went with a 939 DFI setup and upgraded to 3GB PC3200 (400). Near the end of that rigs life it got upgraded to some PC4000.

That was from my last PC xD

Once it broke i never got another until I built this one and moved away from consoles. The other day I pulled a PC down from the loft as we are getting a conversion so had to clear it out, might try and find it among the ton of crap we pulled down and see what that is. And when i say a ton i mean it, it is filling up most of a room and everything isnt even down yet.

EDIT: Ok so I found the PC and I dont even know what it is, maybe you guys do?

It had 4 of these

View attachment 5303

and this

View attachment 5304
2 or 4MB 72pin that goes in older 386/486 setups. Looks like a Super Socket 7 and possibly a Pentium 1 or 486 Overdrive based on the heatsink. 486OD, PC133, and a 2x AGP slot was beast back in the day.

sure do know your stuff, when you say back in the day how long ago are we talking?

I have no idea why we still have that thing, must have been up there for years.

If I remember right, the modules are called "SIMM" or single inline memory modules. They had a very high silver and platinum content.... I have a few hybrid motherboards that employ SIMM and DIMM tech, was very expensive to make a change in those days, so it was better for manufactures to make hybrid boards any time tech was changing.

sure do know your stuff, when you say back in the day how long ago are we talking?

I have no idea why we still have that thing, must have been up there for years.
Mid 90s or in that area. My dad used to have a 486OD. It was basically a 486 clocked to Penitum 1 speeds (100mhz) and sold cheaper to stubborn people like my dad.
Have to remember this is the stuff I learned on so it makes it easy for me to recognize. That and I have a special place in my heart for the old stuff.

If I remember right, the modules are called "SIMM" or single inline memory modules. They had a very high silver and platinum content.... I have a few hybrid motherboards that employ SIMM and DIMM tech, was very expensive to make a change in those days, so it was better for manufactures to make hybrid boards any time tech was changing.
Bingo. My second motherboard ever had 4 slots. 2 PC100 and 2 SIMM and boy was it nice. When I could finally afford to go get some PC100 and a Pentium 233 it was like night and freakin day. This was like, in early 2000 so real cheap. That was the first upgrade I ever did to allow me to play Sports Car GT with settings maxed. When XP came out I OCed it to get to 266 to pass minimum spec and then realized I had no idea what I was doing in the new OS :p

We replaced our pc router at work the other day, not sure how long it'd been there but it had RDRAM :grin: got a laugh out of that when I opened it up

Today I'm at work, sick, with maybe 3 hours sleep under my belt from last night. Oh, and no lunch. Win

We replaced our pc router at work the other day, not sure how long it'd been there but it had RDRAM :grin: got a laugh out of that when I opened it up

Today I'm at work, sick, with maybe 3 hours sleep under my belt from last night. Oh, and no lunch. Win

We have some Dell 340's at work that are available for purchase for $10... each one has 4x512MB of RDRAM in them.

I was considering using this time of PP's absence to bash on his defence of "could care less", however I think I'll let that one die a quiet death for the sake of the thread :p

I've been meaning to go on a weekend camping trip for quite a while now, finally got my act together and assembled a few necessities (hammock, tent, sleeping bag), if the weather holds this weekend I'll probably head off beyond the black stump

Back
Top Bottom