Potentially the longest thread in history...

Suicide nets, anyone?

To be fair, not just at Apple factories.

Especially for Apple ? The factories used to make Apple products are among the best in China, even if they are still bad by our standards. Why do you think people travel so far to work there ? they are treated better, and paid more. But there are still many improvements to be made.

Suicide rates in Apple factories are way below average for chinese factories.

I know so many people that get up and leave their countries to work in Chinese factories..

Factory workers riot at Foxconn China plant - CNN

Looks like all is going well I would say.

Pretty normal.

Travel so far across China :doh:

I was being sarcastic.. :wink_tongue:

In other news; I installed Windows 8 on one of our Thinkpads at work. I want to rip the screen off, and throw the ******n thing out the window. No way in hell I'm trying to retrain everyone how to use it. Not to mention, it's the fugliest thing that's ever made its way onto my screen.

Re: Today I have...

Today I managed to get to work without being rained on :D we've got massive storms right now, destruction everywhere ftw.
This was on Saturday, it all hit the fan on sunday, today's going to be just normal storms, then it's apparently due to pick up again for a second round tomorrow
WEJIO.jpg

Re: Today I have...

I realised the other day how ill informed most users are about iOS. My dad like a lot of people interested in tech spends a lot of time on all the popular tech blogs, and you know what he said to me ? "You can't even copy and paste on iOS". I didn't even respond, just felt embarrassed that he was related to me :omg:

But seriously, the page is displayed in 1024x768 format which really should be supported. TF is pretty much the only website I know of which doesn't work properly. It's useable, most of everything does work, it just looks all scrunched up.

I wish you would differentiate your dislike between the hardware and software too. You'd have to be insane to say the iPad isn't a nice well spec'd device. Whether you like the OS and the company that makes it is much more understandable.

I'm not ill informed about iOS. I've owned 2 iOS devices. It's an inefficient OS for tablets. As far as the iPad goes, I don't like the software. Nice screen, but as with everything Apple, it's all proprietary. BTW, it was a joke :p

That video amuses me. The main users of Windows 8 will be people who were around in the 40s and 50s? Should be titled "How old people will use a computer". Funny thing is, this guy is still way ahead of his peers

That video amuses me. The main users of Windows 8 will be people who were around in the 40s and 50s? Should be titled "How old people will use a computer". Funny thing is, this guy is still way ahead of his peers

I know he's old, but it appears as if he knows how to use W7, just by the way he talks. Still, it's pretty confusing to the average user.

Edit: Kman, do tell? :angel:

My point is, getting him to demo using xyz OS is never going to end well. Yeah maybe he knows how to use Win7 or XP now, but what did his first try look like?
edit: inb4 kman links me to his lion vid :p used iphone, ios = osx, therefore moot point.

Back
Top Bottom