Potentially the longest thread in history...

i did buy Saints Row 3 recently when it was on sale for 11quid. That is pretty fun to run around on, as i expected it would be.

This LOTR download is taking a while, 2 hours and 40 minutes was the estimated time.

Re: Today I have...

Hooray for all of us being up at half 2

Hooray?

Once a couple of mates came round and we (and my brother) played COD (this was a few years ago at the start of MW2) all evening, night and morning. we called it the Nuke quest. We even made a montage of the countless nukes we got, it was so ****ing sad. Lol. But fun.

This LOTR download is taking a while, 2 hours and 40 minutes was the estimated time.
I think I'll try downloading backup copies off Rapidshare... it's gonna be quicker than getting it off Steam's servers

So my wife's BiL brought his son's computer to me to check out, said it wouldn't come on. After checking it out I told him I think the motherboard is pretty much dead (no POST, powers up from from switch/arcing the pins but won't shut down from either). Since it is a socket 754 with an AGP card I told him it would be best if we started fresh and just reuse what we could (ODD, Case, PSU). When he asked how much I told him the cheapest computer on Walmart's site was $300 but I could put one together for less than that (plan on providing the hard drive and other bits and pieces).

He immediately backpedaled and said he would talk with his brother to see what he could find for him. His brother is a manager of a Radio Shack and has screwed her BiL over so many times with computers and electronics it isn't even funny (selling him way out of date stuff for full price, etc.). I just told him to call me before he gave his brother any money so I could at least try to keep him from being ripped off.

The saddest part is her nephew plays some older games that require a graphics card. His brother will probably try to shove some P4 POS off on him... People make me crazy.

People are always going to trust someone with a title or a company more than a random person, unfortunately.

My grandparents are the same. They are happy to let me sort software out but when it comes to hardware they just order replacements from Dell.

Back
Top Bottom