Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

My internet (or computer) has been weird the past few days. For seemingly no reason at all, some things will load and some won't. For hour plus long periods, I can't load web pages but can continue playing on a Minecraft server without trouble. I can load web pages now? Oh look, Steam or Skype won't log in. Facebook works fine? Basic google search won't.
Never encountered anything like it and there seems to be nothing connecting them.

Currently doing a full scan in MSE, and will do Spybot and Malwarebytes later.

Don't take this the wrong way but, when was the last time you clean your os out and checked for computer errors ?
If you have been having that problem for a few days, I would clear out the internet cache and cookies if you don't need it.
Try flushing out your dns every 2 weeks and reboot, usually that can help clear up some gunk and get you moving back in steadily.

I keep my OS pretty clean. I use CCleaner every week or so (which clears internet cache, cookies, etc.), use Spybot and Malwarebytes every month or so, and don't keep unnecessary stuff installed. Hadn't thought of doing /flushdns, done that now.

/flushdns, done that for now.

You be surprise of how it can free up some issues at times with internet/windows/linux clutter.
If you use steam games frequently and a browser with something else yeah it'll do that every so often.
Thats why I thought I might mention it to you, when you can play online games but no other internet is flowing out from the system.

Back
Top Bottom