Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

That would be great if the 560Ti supported triple monitors. To my understanding the Nvidia 3xx drivers enabled 4 monitor Nvidia Surround for only the GTX 680, I may be mistaken but I think the 2 monitor limit applies to all other Nvidia GPU's.

That, and I really expect the performance to be shoddy at best off one 560Ti. But I have never tried it and you have off a 6850 so I guess I take your word for it.

Yea only the 680 can support more than 2 monitors on one Nvidia card besides the dual GPU monsters. Performance would be pretty crap unless everything was all on low for games like Battlefield.

Ivy Bridge release date is 29th it's on the Intel page for 3770k specifications. Nvidia have made no official announcements regarding the 690, so it is likely that on the 28th. I can't imagine them making a special announcement for any GPU slower than the 680.
They have already announced the 690 and it is being released either late may or early june. News sites will probably take care of the official launch for the 670 but like I was saying I doubt Nvidia will do a paper launch for it.

That would be great if the 560Ti supported triple monitors. To my understanding the Nvidia 3xx drivers enabled 4 monitor Nvidia Surround for only the GTX 680, I may be mistaken but I think the 2 monitor limit applies to all other Nvidia GPU's.

That, and I really expect the performance to be shoddy at best off one 560Ti. But I have never tried it and you have off a 6850 so I guess I take your word for it.

lol, I forgot nvidia didn't have triple monitor support across their lineup. I don't pay that much attention to their cards since I have no interest in buying one, oddly enough multi display support is one of the reasons for that.

You obviously won't max out BF3 with a single midrange card but it handles plenty of other games well enough.

Where is nvidias official announcement then ? I can't find it anywhere. I see a lot of places saying Nvidia will officially announce the 690 on the 29th.. but none saying they have announced it. Hmm.

In other words the 690 was never officially announced. the 29ths at 3:30am bst (730PM on the 28th pst) Nvidia will announce something. Everyone is just assuming its the 690.

Back
Top Bottom