Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Heh, I was looking at the RT-N66U the other day. Amazing-looking router but a bit out of my price range.

Re: Today I have...

I'd say it's like 200 some bucks and be comparison I can get an enterprise grade Extreme Networks WLAN router that beats the **** out that that one even for 512USD. Extreme Networks FTW!!!!!

I was just reading about the GS3 today too!
there are rumors that it might just be an incremental update. like iphone 4 -> iphone 4s.

Everything points to the GS3 having that new 4.6" 720p S-Amoled Plus screen and a Exynos 4412 Quad core with Mali T604 gpu which would be a very substantial upgrade.

I just wish they would all use stock UIs and but with the touchwiz crap so we can get updates faster.

case in point... I finally got GB upgrade for my Optimus S. I was on Froyo and damn this UI is much sexier then Froyo was! I can now haz EQ! I lvoe it now it even has a spatilizer to widen the sound!

Would this phone work with ICS or not tho? I would prefer that though.

Touchwiz 4 was actually much better than stock Gingerbread, Samsung added gpu acceleration to both the launcher and browser which combined with the Galaxy S2's powerful SoC made it perform much better than any other Android phone on the market. Besides if you want stock ICS on the Galaxy S2 it's easy to flash CM9 or AOKP.

The GS3 is guaranteed to launch with ICS and will likely have a new version of Touchwiz to go with it.

Mali T604 faster than PowerVR SGX543MP2 in the IP4S ?

No idea since we haven't seen it in a device yet. If I remember correctly the Mali 400 is about half as fast as the SGX543MP2 so the T604 could be anywhere from roughly the same performance to considerably faster (ARM claims the T604 is 2-5x as fast as the 400 clock per clock)

Samsung has always used good gpu's so we can probably give them the benefit of the doubt that it will at least be competitive with what Apple has.

I always used Slysoft Virtual Clonedrive ever since Daemon tools added all the useless crap. It's free and much simpler.
I always use the Lite version and tell it to associate with all image files. Doing this means I never have to load the program again.

Sucks hard. Only thing this program is good for is compiling .ISOs or converting other images.

I don't really blame them for going down that route. Tablets are quite clearly where a lot of the money is going to be at in years to come. I think a lot of people have been waiting around for a 'real' OS on a tablet, so they have a fighting chance against Apple.

I for one hate iOS on the iPad. Sure, the iOS desktop works good one the iPhones small screen, but when you put it on a tablet it becomes inefficient, ugly, and leaves a lot to be desired IMO. It's the software that prevents me from buying an iPad. I like the hardware, it's a very nice machine. But with that ugly OS locked onto it, they can forget about my money.

Back
Top Bottom