Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today I made a very important decision in my life. Basically, making the ultimate sacrifice that I hope gets noticed. I just put my car on Craigslist hoping to get a newer vehicle that takes a bit less time and I worry less about it.

congrats. I hope it works for you. I'm starting to worry about mine, being that it's 10 years old, and the "normal" stuff is starting to go, but with money being the way it is, I can't afford to replace it all at once. I just wish I could afford another car payment, or I'd just get a new one.

The car counts as family too, surely? Sell the kid and keep the car :) I'll give you $50 for him if you throw in the buns.

congrats. I hope it works for you. I'm starting to worry about mine, being that it's 10 years old, and the "normal" stuff is starting to go, but with money being the way it is, I can't afford to replace it all at once. I just wish I could afford another car payment, or I'd just get a new one.
Well my car just takes way more time and money I can give it right now. I don't want to be outside spending an hour and a half tuning a carb just for it to stall me out 3 times while trying to get home. I especially don't like stalling in the middle of an intersection with a baby in the back seat. Before it is really really road worthy it will need about another 2 grand and I just can't afford that.

You're a very respectable family man, PP. :)
I'm not JUST doing this for my family. I really need something that wont eat at my pocket. My dad and the previous owner that had it jerry rigged the crap out of this car and it is very hard for me to replace things when I don't know how some things were put together to just "work". I think if the car was original and I could work out of the standard manual I would be ok. Since I'm an amateur mechanic learning the ropes on an older vehicle it's hard to go at backwards basically. It's kinda like somebody slapping a crap PC together all mix and matched and telling me go for it. Very difficult to learn that way.

The car counts as family too, surely? Sell the kid and keep the car :) I'll give you $50 for him if you throw in the buns.
I lold.

So do I, but I got it cheap. Probably would have been better off going to the pawn shop but I needed to get something done quick.

I have an Echo straight shaft trimmer that is great, worth every penny. I mow with my dad's zero turn Toro that he bought several (7+) years ago. We have it tuned up and serviced every winter. I also have a cheap push mower that is used for bagging and some trim work... not sure of the brand.

As long as it works and I get my money out it, I'm happy.

Well when I bought the Walmart el-cheapo I got one good use out of it then it never wanted to start again. After fiddling with it for over an hour I now can get it to start but you can't really cut anything so not getting my money worth.

Today I have got over 17 emails and offers on my car in just a few hours. Crazy.

Back
Top Bottom